I got 'em - AFS wheels from ebay

rmoreau

Established Member
:beer:

Woo-Hoo!! I just got a set of AFS 18x9 / 18x10.5 O.E.M. finish wheels from ebay for $435.00 :burnout: My baby is going to be so hap-hap-happy!

Randy

rmoreau

Established Member
No pic yet, but look here: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45070&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Great pics and info. My car is also silver.

I'm leaning towards the Kumho ( I sure hope thats pronounced koo-mo) MX that he is using. Although I think I would like something wider. I like the Kumho's for price.

If money were no object I'd go with Potenza's or Toyo T1s. I've great experencies in the past with these on another track car.

Randy

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Awesome! Congrats. I am going to follow in your footsteps in the not-so-distant future right down to the Kumho's.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by rmoreau
:beer:

Woo-Hoo!! I just got a set of AFS 18x9 / 18x10.5 O.E.M. finish wheels from ebay for $435.00 :burnout: My baby is going to be so hap-hap-happy!

Randy

Damn u bro....freaking GREAT DEAL :beer:

Thought i got a deal but 435bucks? Are u going to pick them up ur self? They are open M-F only....which sucks.

Cant beat the E-bay thing.

Im really happy with mine....not sure if u have exp. with Wheel Hop but i took the wheels & tires to LACR & Didnt get no wheel hop.

Dude we got to meet up & go down to the track some day.

Congrats :thumbsup:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
want those rims

Looks great but not offered in chrome.

rmoreau

Established Member
Poison, We can hook up at the "Beach to Bush cruise". Im mostly a Daily Driver, but I have had the hop on occasion...but not nearly as bad as some folk. I want the width because I keep spinning down the track..er..street.

I did get them CHEAP!! I have been trying to get them on ebay, but the three times prior I kept getting beat in the last minute. Imagine my surprise when I saw these with 1 hour left and the current bid was $410

:eek:

I waited till 5 minutes before end of auction and bid up to $550, the highest I've seen 'em go for. My surprise when all it jumped to was $435 :coolman:

Randy

Hey, LC, They do come in chrome!
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46149

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Well LACR wasnt a good example of not spinning the rubber. I would spin the rubber in 3rd gear which is so hard for me to do on the streets or even at Irwindale. But it really helped out alot on the wheel hop issue on the streets as well :)

I tried it 1 time with E-bay & even wash refreshing the screen every second for 5 mins, lol.

435...thats like 108 per rim bro...good deal & great win for ya.

Like the looks of them & u can totally tell that the front tires are much smaller then the back ones. Tires feel a bit different in the corners vs stock tires....id say a bit more effort with the AFS / Kuhmos(yes ur saying it right on the key board)....a bit more contact patch.

Yup 2 more weeks & i'll be at the cruz. :)

gasgzlr

Established Member
Do you guys have a problem with the car tracking? I am thinking of getting a set and was wondering cause I have 18 x 9.5 Cobra R's on the car now and it pulls toward the humps in the road. Do your 18 x 9" do the same? please let me know..
thanks

I also have a bid on Ebay for a set so I would like to make sure they fit and will work with 295/35/18 before I go on bidding....

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread