I got a ticket tonight. . .

hawk108

Established Member
First thing I want to say is that I admit that I was speeding and being stupid:bash: .However, I was not speeding the amount which the officer said I was. . .I know you hear this all the time. My story is this. . .I made a turn and stepped on it for a minute(no tire spinning at all). I was going MAX 55mph but he said I was going 65 mph on the ticket which is 20 mph over the limit. Now I know you all are saying that I am just wrong and didnt realize my speed, however, I just had a new rear end put in my car and I have been having big problems with it and have taken it to several shops because it severely shakes the entire car when I got 55mph and I know that the car was not shaking at all. Also he said I was going 58 mph around a 90 degree turn when the stop light I was waiting at turned green.....my car would be in a ditch if it was fast enough to accelerate that quickly.
The ticket he gave me was for 65 in a 45 and it is $116 and 3 points. I do not care about $116, but the points really bother me. I have 0 tickets on my record. I asked him if I could take the traffic classes to get rid of the points and he siad he is not sure if I am eligable because I live in florida and the ticket was issued in florida. My question is this, am I eligable? If im not do these points even transfer to maryland? If im not eligable and the points transfer then I need advise on what to do. Thanks.

95 cobra vert

Established Member
So the light was red and when it turned green you gunned it around the turn? Cause if thats the case theres no way you were doing 58 threw it. I dont know the laws in florida, but here we can only remove 1 point every 18 months through the classes.

hawk108

Established Member
95 cobra vert said:
So the light was red and when it turned green you gunned it around the turn? Cause if thats the case theres no way you were doing 58 threw it. I dont know the laws in florida, but here we can only remove 1 point every 18 months through the classes.

Thats what he told me....but I didnt even gun it around the turn. There was a jetta in the left lane and when the light turned green he flew past me around the turn, so I guess he was going like 80 around the turn:rolleyes:

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
Lol, that sounds utterly bogus. Can a Veyron even reach 60 MPH taking a 90 degree turn from a dead stop without crashing??? Im no rocket scientist or physist, but reaching up to 60 mph before even completing a 90 degree turn from a complete stop, just sounds rediculous. I don't even think sports-bikes can do that?! By the time your done with half the turn, your atleast at 20-35 mph max?

GT_Jim

Established Member
Something like this happened to me not long ago...For Indiana though. Indiana has like 20+ companies or whatever you want to call them to administer driving schools and some of them are online even. So being as I live in KY with TN state of residence...I called up the IN BMV and got the number to an online course, called them to register which only cost $45.00 and took the test. IN in turn gave me a 4 point credit on my license. You might be able to do the same. If thats not good enough, take that ticket to court...even the stupidest judge in the world would see the BS in that ticket.

hawk108

Established Member
GT_Jim said:
Something like this happened to me not long ago...For Indiana though. Indiana has like 20+ companies or whatever you want to call them to administer driving schools and some of them are online even. So being as I live in KY with TN state of residence...I called up the IN BMV and got the number to an online course, called them to register which only cost $45.00 and took the test. IN in turn gave me a 4 point credit on my license. You might be able to do the same. If thats not good enough, take that ticket to court...even the stupidest judge in the world would see the BS in that ticket.

Yea I sure hope so. I am only 19 so I really think this has something to do with it. The cop told me, " didnt your mom ever tell you that loud, red cars attract cops?" and, " Im gonna go ahead and give you the lesser of two fines cuz your parents are probably going to pay it anyways":rollseyes

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
not sure if I am eligable because I live in florida and the ticket was issued in florida. My question is this, am I eligable? If im not do these points even transfer to maryland? If im not eligable and the points transfer then I need advise on what to do. Thanks.

Florida as well as your home state of Maryland are both members of the Drivers License Compact so once you are convicted of the speeding violation Florida courts or HSMV will notify the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration and transfer the information regarding your citation to them.

The newly updated MD Motor Vehicle Administration site notes that if you are convicted of a vehicle-related offense in a jurisdiction outside of Maryland, the MVA may assess points. The point values identified in Maryland law for similar offenses determine the number of points that you will be assessed.

The types of out-of-state violations for which points may be assessed in Maryland according to the MVA include:

Alcohol or drug related offenses;
Leaving the scene of a personal injury accident;
Homicide or manslaughter involving a vehicle;
Use of a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony.

The Maryland driver's manual currently states that once the MVA receives ticket information from another state they treat it as if the violation occurred in state. If that is the case, even if the offense is not one that they assign points to, it will be placed on your Maryland driving record. To double check if points will be assigned to your FL ticket, check with the MVA.

So.... you got a new rearend.... are you positive your Speedo is correct... have you changed tire / rim size / gears.... anything that my throw the speedo off?

You got the ticket in FLA but now live in MD right??

Are you going back to FLA to fight the ticket... or just sending it in.

if he gives you a specific speed... then he clocked you with some method and in court he will tell you the method. go to trial... he will testify first and explain the stop to the court.... you can ask him questions... and tell your side of the story.

hawk108

Established Member
Roush S3 said:
So.... you got a new rearend.... are you positive your Speedo is correct... have you changed tire / rim size / gears.... anything that my throw the speedo off?

You got the ticket in FLA but now live in MD right??

Are you going back to FLA to fight the ticket... or just sending it in.

if he gives you a specific speed... then he clocked you with some method and in court he will tell you the method. go to trial... he will testify first and explain the stop to the court.... you can ask him questions... and tell your side of the story.

Actually, yes the speedo was off. . . .but it read faster than I was actually going. Now I have it corrected and the shaking still began at my educated guess. He said he shot me with radar. . .I hired a the ticket clinic to fight it for me and the date is tomorrow so wish me luck.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Just talk to the solicitor and tell them you will plead guilty if they recduced the official speed to a no point violation but that you will pay the full fine....Everyone is happY! That is what I have done every time I have had a ticket. This is in georgia for your reference!

Users who are viewing this thread