I got a ride in a FordGT!!!

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
What a car!!! I met someone who was nice enough to give me a ride in his new Ford GT, and I couldn't believe how that thing handled. The man took a tight "S" turn at a speed that would've either flipped the 911 Porches that I've driven in the past, or caused them to spin out. And acceleration? The driver had it in third gear going about 30MPH up a big long straight hill, and he stomped on the go pedal. In about 5 or 6 seconds the car was traveling at 120 MPH, and still pulling hard when he let off the gas. And all w/out a gear change!!!! WOW!!!! What a car!!!!! I thanked the owner for being generous enough to give me ride, and asked him if he would adopt me so that I can get more rides in it. Unfortunately he just declined w/a chuckle. What a fantastic machine!!! Perhaps some day, I'll be able to talk a dealer into allowing me to drive one. That's my hope, but I know that I cannot count on that.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Sweet :beer:

And let me know when you find that dealer that offers test drives :lol1: I'll just start hangning out there all the time.

03'Darin

Established Member
GTMarauder.gif

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Yep, that's my Marauder.Ofcourse it doesn't compare to that GT, but I just parked it next to the GT to get some pics w/the both of them there, so that I can give my buddies on the Marauder board a good idea of the dimensions of the GT, in comparisant to their Marauders. Thanks for the PIC Darin.And it was good talking to you while I was there. :thumbsup:

03'Darin

Established Member
BillyGman said:
Yep, that's my Marauder.Ofcourse it doesn't compare to that GT, but I just parked it next to the GT to get some pics w/the both of them there, so that I can give my buddies on the Marauder board a good idea of the dimensions of the GT, in comparisant to their Marauders. Thanks for the PIC Darin.And it was good talking to you while I was there. :thumbsup:

Lined up for a picture!?! :dw: I thought you guys were lined up to RACE!! :thumbsup:

That's a pretty nice sleeper you have there Billy!!

Isn't that car AWESOME?? Check out my thread here in the GT forum (thanks Lightning Larry for straightening me out :p ) with my thoughts on the car.

Darin

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
03'Darin said:
Lined up for a picture!?! :dw: I thought you guys were lined up to RACE!! :thumbsup: LOL!!!

That's a pretty nice sleeper you have there Billy!!Thanks Darin

Isn't that car AWESOME?? Check out my thread here in the GT forum with my thoughts on the car.

Darin

yep, I saw it Darin.That car is fantastic!!! I don't believe that there's any other car in the world that I'd rather have. And I thought that I was fortunate enough to get a ride in it (and I was!!!) but you even got to drive it!!! That must have been beyong words. BTW, Jim is such a great guy taking the time to share his excellent machine w/us!!!!

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
BillyGman said:
yep, I saw it Darin.That car is fantastic!!! I don't believe that there's any other car in the world that I'd rather have. And I thought that I was fortunate enough to get a ride in it (and I was!!!) but you even got to drive it!!! That must have been beyong words. BTW, Jim is such a great guy taking the time to share his excellent machine w/us!!!!

Jim is like a kid on Christmas morning right now!! The greatest thing about him getting a car is that not only will he enjoy having and driving it, but he'll also show the car off so others can see it. He's a GREAT guy and I couldn't see anyone else that deserves a car more than him (except myself of course :-D ). He's been a dedicated Ford enthusiast ALL of his life with a nice collection of older Fords that the GT will compliment well!!

Glad you enjoyed your experience. I know it's one I will NEVER forget!! :bowdown:

Darin

Last edited:

fordification

Established Member
I'm jealous! My chances of even ever seeing a GT are remote up here in Canada. Maybe see one at the 05 International car show.

Users who are viewing this thread