I got a problem with my truck.....

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
I got a problem with my truck.....

Hey,

I can seem to figure out what is wrong with my truck.......Here it goes.....

My engine or something around the engine seems to be making a very loud knocking noise around 3100-3400..... I have been driving on it for some time and cant seem to figure out what is wrong.... New oil, new oil filter, new fuel filter....... My truck is completely stock!! It only does it while underload.... So when I rev it in neutral it doesnt make the noise..... Also if I down shift it doesnt do it..... If someone could direct me someplace to go get it checked out or maybe me up with me to check it out that would be great...... The truck has 61,000 miles on it.....

Thanks for your help......

Zach

Last edited:

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
I only run 91 and like I said the truck is completely stock!

Last edited:

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
If it was in the block it would do it all the time.

Maybe the compresser in the blower is messing up?

I would guess a rod bearning if I was guessing. This is my guess because I say when you kick on it the motor is leveling out, but when you are just running smooth the bearning has time to move back and forth. Thats when you hearing the noise.

I would get somebody to check the bottom end.

I hope I am wrong. Good luck.

Sandman

Established Member
Does it make the noise when you rev it up in park? If it does, take all of the belts off and try it. If you still hear the noise, you know that it is not in one of the belt driven accessories.... If it is in the block, not sure what to tell you.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread