I don't think I should be worried but...

Hitman

SVT "Cleaner"
Established Member
Lurking in the darkness,monitoring your every move
I ran into a kid tonight I hadn't seen since last Aug,or so he claims? I dont remember him, but anyway...
He drives like a 96 2wd ram,lowered a bit,318 w/ a ATI( I believe) s/c w/ intercooler.Changed his headers,"true" dual exhaust,and home made ram air. He's hell bent on running at some point,but I'm in no hurry because I feel he's just another victim. Anybody think I should feel otherwise?

Oh yeah,one other guy I had "issues":rolleyes: w/ at a Car Cruise a week or so ago drives an OLD F100(I think),its a sweeeet truck w/ a 460(!!!) in it and he has mentioned running.I know I'll bump into him at the track in about a week or so and I KNOW he's gonna be lookin for me. What are my chances? Thats a BIG GODDAMN MOTOR! Somehow I think I'm going to get my lunch eatin! Oh well,someones always faster...Just wish it wasn't this a-hole.

foreverford

Established Member
If you get the chance, you should run them. Even if you lose, at least you will have something to shoot for and you wont be the punks they are:D just my 1 cent:D :D good luck;)

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
Meet them both at the track. The worse thats gonna happen is you'll loose and get a piece of humble pie, the best that will happen you'd win. Either way you'll have fun in the process.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Hitman - What has the guy done to the F100? I had one back in 81 that had the 460. It had plenty of power but wasn't all that quick.

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
That 318 is a joke, even w/a procharger. I used to own a Ram SS/T and it had the 5.9 with a whopping 250hp. the 318 only has like 220 or 230 even w/ procharger it would have 350hp max.And I know the ram is heavier, so whoop his ass!

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
You should be able to beat the 460 f150.

I ran(drag strip) against an 82 f150 with an almost new 460 ci Cobrajet crate motor. Owner has been racin' for decades. Truck had electric fans, drag tires(don't remember which ones), exhaust, MSD ignition, auto trans., etc. Talked to him for quite awhile--nice guy--mature-like me (hehehe).

It was close--but I won--hope you do too.

Dan

Hitman

SVT "Cleaner"
Established Member
Lurking in the darkness,monitoring your every move
Well I haven't paid that much attention to the F100 w/ the 460. I only recall that it has the 460 in it and some nice big meats on the back,nothing else about it struck me(other than it is a very nice ride). And painted under the hood next to that huge motor is the phrase "King Cobra 460". Its low,got a wood bed,manual,and is sky blue.Yeah thats about all I can remember 'bout it.

The Ram I'm not too concernd w/. His last time at the track(so he says) he ran a 2X.xx because the sombitch wouldn't shift! So thats the story on him to this point. I'm sure I'll cave and run him soon enough,I'll keep you posted as to the results. I don't think it will be too close,but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread