I don't know what to do with my terminator.

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
i'm seriously lost and depressed. i can't figure out if i want this car or not. what really drew the line is i have some clunking problem in the rear end. yet again... it was a torn axle boot? that was replaced 2 years ago when i had a warrenty with ford. now i have no warrenty and i have no idea where to take it to get it fixed. i will not be going to that ford dealership.. that's for sure. and i plan on joining the military but idk if i should keep the car and worry about it while i'm away. i think the only reason i keep the car is becuase of the color (orange). the blower whine haha, and i'm the only one to have a cobra in my area. i just don't know what i should do with this thing and i can't see myself in any other car... a ws6 would be nice but i rather have a cobra. im so confused with myself.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I've had my cobra for almost 5 full years... an original owner for the most part (had 1300 miles on her)... and with that said I don't ever think I could part with her unless the unreal happened.

It's made me bleed
It's given me headaches
It's banged me up to the point that I'm sore in the morning
It has kept me up late at night.
It has stranded me when I needed to be somewhere.

However, it's all been worth while.

I wouldn't sell it. too much time, money, blood, sweat and potential tears have gone into the car.

that's that.

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
I've had my cobra for almost 5 full years... an original owner for the most part (had 1300 miles on her)... and with that said I don't ever think I could part with her unless the unreal happened.

It's made me bleed
It's given me headaches

However, it's all been worth while.

I wouldn't sell it. too much time, money, blood, sweat and potential tears have gone into the car.

that's that.

+1
perfectly said!

i might sell mine and get a honda odyssey

:lol:

Brian03Cobra

Brian03Cobra
Established Member
Just remember parts wear out regardless of the vehicle type. If mine ever goes down and beyond repair I will buy another.

Last edited:

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
It's made me bleed
It's given me headaches

that's that.

Sounds like this chick I was dating

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
i'm seriously lost and depressed. i can't figure out if i want this car or not. what really drew the line is i have some clunking problem in the rear end. yet again... it was a torn axle boot? that was replaced 2 years ago when i had a warrenty with ford. now i have no warrenty and i have no idea where to take it to get it fixed. i will not be going to that ford dealership.. that's for sure. and i plan on joining the military but idk if i should keep the car and worry about it while i'm away. i think the only reason i keep the car is becuase of the color (orange). the blower whine haha, and i'm the only one to have a cobra in my area. i just don't know what i should do with this thing and i can't see myself in any other car... a ws6 would be nice but i rather have a cobra. im so confused with myself.

I'm sorry....I thought I was in the terminator section of a performance oriented website. Apparently I've stumbled into the bleeding vagina section of my local pharmacy:bored:

Seriously bud, get some friends, a manual, and some tools. Drop your IRS (it isn't hard, I promise) and replace the boot. Shit breaks, shit gets fixed. Happens every day. If you join the military, do some reading on how to store the car in the event of your deployment. Do it right and she'll be waiting for you with a big slutty grin on her face when you get home!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Why did the boot tear... rubbing on something? Mine was rubbing on the brake line.

If feel your pain though... the longest my car has ever gone without some kind of minor problem was maybe 1-2 weeks. Owning a Terminator is like dating a supermodel: she's the sexiest thing around, she makes you feel amazing when you're with her, she gives you sensual thrills beyond your wildest dreams... but the maintenance bill is a mother####er!! :lol1:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Why did the boot tear... rubbing on something? Mine was rubbing on the brake line.

If feel your pain though... the longest my car has ever gone without some kind of minor problem was maybe 1-2 weeks. Owning a Terminator is like dating a supermodel: she's the sexiest thing around, she makes you feel amazing when you're with her, she gives you sensual thrills beyond your wildest dreams... but the maintenance bill is a mother####er!! :lol1:

well.. I bought mine new, (had 166 miles of test drives on it, so guessing it was broken in hard) there's been VERY few things that I've had to replace on it and all in all for a high performance car it's VERY reliable

Juruense

Banned
See sig :shrug:

I am selling mine for different reasons though, to get a bigger and nicer house.

I will get a GT500 in a few years hopefully...

Steve2050

Established Member
I have had performance vehicles since I've had a driver's license. They all have high maintenance bills, but they are fun. I don't DD my Cobra so not much breakage to talk about. Just remember "if it's got t!*s or tires you're gonna have to drop"
I bet the guys on Vette,Viper,M3,etc forums have the same woes too.

git er done

Users who are viewing this thread