I cant belive this Pic

Wicked4.6DOHC

Rattle Snake
Established Member
Hitch.jpg

nj7703

Established Member
DAMN!!! looks like that boat saved his ass!! Yeah lets hope he got out ok. On a side note, look who is there 1st to help out, a yellow GT driver, damn we Mustang folk are good. :-D

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
DAMN!!! looks like that boat saved his ass!!

One might come to that conclusion at first. But since we don't know the story to begin with, it might have been towing the boat that got him into the situation in the first place.

:idea:

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
damn dude good thing he had that boat on there or he would be dead lol :(

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by NYCStangGT
One might come to that conclusion at first. But since we don't know the story to begin with, it might have been towing the boat that got him into the situation in the first place.

:idea:

Or he could be trying to run a smart ass New Yorker off the road, missed, and the boat saved his ass.

:-D

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
That pic has been around the net for a good time now. I think I heard somewhere that it was PS into a Trailer Hitch Ad. Shit if that dont sell what will.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
Or he could be trying to run a smart ass New Yorker off the road, missed, and the boat saved his ass.

:-D

This coming from a Jersey driver :rollseyes

:p

nj7703

Established Member
This coming from a Jersey driver :rollseyes

:p

:lol: :lol: ok ok. you got me there :bowdown:

:beer: you ever leave the tri-state area? man those people can't drive :-D

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
I think the story if I remember correctly was on the narrow road someone crossed the line and he oversteered, jacknifed with the boat, and went over the edge - the boat saved his ass after the trailer frame got hung up on the rock
Again not 100% sure if that's correct, however

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Every state has it's own thing. I pretty much stick to NY-NJ-PA area, and yeah, they do drive pretty crazy everywhere else. :p Oh, and there's nothing wrong with NY drivers. We're angels! ;-)

P.S. Here's a visual for you: driving around midtown Manhattan at 5pm on a weekday.

Last edited:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
The main reason there is no American equivalent of the German Autobahn, really, is because of bad driving habits. They sit in the left lane. On the bahn, they only go left if they are going to pass.
Having said that, when we were driving on a 4 lane highway with a large wide treed median in Washington State, people were very good about obeying the sign that read 'left lane for passing only' - except us, but we were hauling ass...

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Vancouver83LTD
The main reason there is no American equivalent of the German Autobahn, really, is because of bad driving habits.

No shit! We had a 55mph limit for so long, we bread an entire generation of non-drivers! I think we should have speed limits based on driving ability. If you pass the test for the "red" license, you get to go whatever speed you want. :thumbsup: You'd also be the only one allowed in the "fast" lane.

So much for that fantasy. :p

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Yes but if you look at car related deaths, it's much smaller in Germany than the US. Although you also need to take into account the fact that they have to wait until 18 years of age to be able to drive. Add the fact that they have a federally mandated and intensive driving lesson course and they are much better drivers. Having said that, well you know we have aggressive drivers just like that in North America. This is just one case. More deaths happen as a result of this sort of thing in North America than on the autobahn.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Speaking of the Autobahn, http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,1432_A_1117658_1_A,00.html

Hmmm, I just read that story, and it really has nothing whatsoever to do with speed limits. If anyone thinks a sign with a number on it is going to stop some pissed off jerk from tailgating someone, I've got news for them. I've been tailgated going 50 in a 35. A speed limit isn't going to change jack about that.

nj7703

Established Member
Every state has it's own thing. I pretty much stick to NY-NJ-PA area, and yeah, they do drive pretty crazy everywhere else. :p Oh, and there's nothing wrong with NY drivers. We're angels! ;-)

P.S. Here's a visual for you: driving around midtown Manhattan at 5pm on a weekday.

I have to tell you i love driving midtown, except for the tunnel traffic, it is a blast!! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread