I can't believe I did this

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
I vowed never to modify :nono:

You guys can laugh at me with all your mods. :)
Just bought the JDM 9" ram air kit.

Car has TO many unleashed stock horsies not to
at least do this. :burnout:

Must have more torque :thumbsup:

BUT what now ???????

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I read your sig. and saw that you had postbans hood BLANKIE mod? I hope you mis-spelled this! Other than that let more mods. be on the way!

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
3,800 miles?:eek: Good lord man, drive the car.
Since its not your DD, I assume, why not just go all out and build a monster?

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
posi said:
I read your sig. and saw that you had postbans hood BLANKIE mod? I hope you mis-spelled this! Other than that let more mods. be on the way!

sorry mis-spelled

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
If it were me, and I had a stock car again.. I would just to intake, CB and mid pipe and maybe a shifter... Make it sound good and keep it off the tune.. Once you start tuning, it's all down hill

realaxed83

Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
If it were me, and I had a stock car again.. I would just to intake, CB and mid pipe and maybe a shifter... Make it sound good and keep it off the tune.. Once you start tuning, it's all down hill

Are you serious? Maybe you should have bought a buick?

coild

Established Member
Originally Posted by Miamifan1354
If it were me, and I had a stock car again.. I would just to intake, CB and mid pipe and maybe a shifter... Make it sound good and keep it off the tune.. Once you start tuning, it's all down hill.

What's up with that? I thought that a tune really wakes up the engine and helps get the best use out of your mods. Plus it is a must with a pulley swap.
Any opinions????

Last edited:

coild

Established Member
T3 Cobra,
I am in the exact situation you are. My '03 is bone stock with 14,000 miles. My plan is to get a JLT, catback, 2.93 upper and a tune. Still debating on changing out the mid pipe due to California smog checks. These seem like the most common mods and will still keep the car from being a 'monster'. I also plan on MGW shifter, CobraBob's gaskets, IRS brace, etc. I believe there are lots of hidden ponies just wating to be un-leashed with just some fairly simple, basic mods as listed above. If nothing else, I just gotta get a sweet sounding exhaust system. Stock is WAY to quiet. JMO.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
u just got bit by the bug, u might resist for a little while but eventually u will get it bad. i was the same way, and in 7 months, just look at my sig.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Brace/tighten/re-enforce it before power mods.
I told my self in may of 2004...it has 390HP and TQ....I won't need anymore then that!

....a Borla Stinger catback, MGW shifter, Steeda intake, H&R Race Spring, real Y2K Cobra Rs with Goodyear GS-D3s, Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and FLSCs...and a lightbar later, I'm waiting for some extra money to do a 2.93 pulley and idler with a tune and a new mid pipe!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
For me my car was supposed to stay stock, then cold air, pulley and exhaust, then the rest in my sig. I think. Now I've got 2.93upper, 2lb. lower, 60lb. inj.'s, dual ford gt pumps, and 2400 big air ordered and on the way! My wife has no idea that the car is either ready for a port even if I do it myself or a Whipple!

It starts and you can't stop!

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
coild said:
T3 Cobra,
I am in the exact situation you are. My '03 is bone stock with 14,000 miles. My plan is to get a JLT, catback, 2.93 upper and a tune. Still debating on changing out the mid pipe due to California smog checks. These seem like the most common mods and will still keep the car from being a 'monster'. I also plan on MGW shifter, CobraBob's gaskets, IRS brace, etc. I believe there are lots of hidden ponies just wating to be un-leashed with just some fairly simple, basic mods as listed above. If nothing else, I just gotta get a sweet sounding exhaust system. Stock is WAY to quiet. JMO.

What is IRS Brace?:read:

coild

Established Member
T3 Cobra said:
What is IRS Brace?:read:

It is a brace that mounts to the differential to strengthen it and help prevent breaking the aluminum housing during very hard take-offs. I have read that even stock Cobras should get them to be extra safe. I would suspect that it is more of an issue if using drag radials & being modded. I plan on getting one because I like to work on my cars, and it is extra insurance against drivetrain damage.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread