I/C Fluid

2002_500HP

Banned
Hey Guys,
Is the I/C fluid a 50/50 mix? When I cleaned it, it was very nasty at 40k and i drained the fluid the book doesn't say how to mix it just curious about it b/f i put it back in that way.

Chris

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I filled mine with distilled water, and a bottle of water wetter. It works better than the coolant/water mix.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
2002_500HP said:
Hey Guys,
Is the I/C fluid a 50/50 mix? When I cleaned it, it was very nasty at 40k and i drained the fluid the book doesn't say how to mix it just curious about it b/f i put it back in that way.

Chris

Where do you live? a 50/50 mix is fine.
I'm in the Cali Bay Area. No need for antifreeze here.
I'm going to run distilled water and Purple Ice.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Is there an easy way of draining it?I was thinking about adding some water wetter and distilled water...

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
brucewrs said:
Is there an easy way of draining it?I was thinking about adding some water wetter and distilled water...

Just open the drain**** on your heat exchanger and let it all drain out.

I use 50% distilled water and 50% Prestone Extended Life Antifreeze right now. During the summer I use more water.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I just pulled the lines off the I/C pump, and sucked the water out, with a wet/dry vac, to make sure i got it all out.

2002_500HP

Banned
Hey Guys another quick question, i did not drain the coolant res. on the drivers and was going to drain it today and noticed it had oil floating on the top of it. Is there something wrong with my truck???? It has as LFP Oil Sep. on it but did not get installed until about 20k miles as i didn't make it a DD until then.So should i drain it and keep an eye out for this happening again????

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
LightningMAS said:
i have no antifreeze in mine cause i just pulled the I/C tank and cleaned it again.... so 50% distilled water/50% water wetter?? right ?

If you use too much WaterWetter it will foam like crazy. You will know if you used too much. If you do, just drain some of the mixture out and add just water to return it to the proper level.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
what amount of water/ liquid does the intercooler/ res/HE hold.. 2gallons??

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Its a little less than two gallons, if im not mistaken. I had bought 2 gallons of distilled water, and i still have some left.

Users who are viewing this thread