I bought another car...sigh

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by stang2009
Is it a Mclaren or a Lotus Elise? To my knowledge they're are only 9 Mclarens in the United States...with Jay Leno owning atleast one...thats a lot of money...but if you can afford to spend 900k on a car (the ones i've looked at have been 1.3 million...so if they'res such a thing as a 'deal' on a car....you got 500,000 grand off :) ) anyways....if u can afford to buy this car...why do you have a Justy & an Evo...it seems to me like if you can afford to drop a million dollars on car, you should have a few ferrari's or Lamborghuini's or Aston Martins on that list...none the less...nice stable and congrats on whatever it is...it looks sweet!!!!!!

Its a Mclaren F1 LM no if's and's or but's... If the Elise looked that good, I'd be parting with the Cobra here very soon.

Im surprised at you guys! That car only holds worlds fastest production car record at 241mph I beleive. (Well the non LM model holds the record)

Knocked off the record holder (XJ220) back in 1991.

Last edited:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
One question -- where in purgatory do you go to stretch it's legs? I mean, driving my Cobra is frustrating because I often can't get past 2nd or 3rd gear in the high-density traffic.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by harry gilbert
One question -- where in purgatory do you go to stretch it's legs? I mean, driving my Cobra is frustrating because I often can't get past 2nd or 3rd gear in the high-density traffic.

thats why you see 10 year old supercars with 1400 miles on em.

D a m i e n

Established Member
yea.... my parents just bought me one of those as my first car a few weeks ago. Needless to say I wrapped it around a tree within minutes.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
for one million, I coulnt go slower then 450mph. That things' a slug for the money. I'll race one from florida to new york anyday with this.....

http://www.maverickjets.com/specifications.html

:coolman:

Damn...I want one of those!

Let's see, If I live off the streets for about, say 20 years, I can afford one.:coolman:

BlueSHO

i love lamp
Established Member
The LM had closer to 668hp due to the race engine with no restrictors on the intake. but that is NOT an LM, there were only 5 LM's made, and they are all race prepped (i.e. 1 seat ect) and they were all painted the same color orange. And the Konesiggn or however the f*ck you spell it cant touch a McLaren F1. Straight line or other. The "super egg's" top speed has never been tested. Also, the Mclaren F1 was a "everyday" super car because it was so comfortable and easy to drive.

On a side note, they were 890k in europe. the American version was 1.131 million because a company named Ameritech has to convert it to meet our regulations (like taking out the other two seats, and redoing the headlamps/bumpers) although most of the mods were reversed as soon as they got it back from geting it certified.

also they DID come with a page in the manual about easiest entry/exit techniques.

As for the construction, they're made of 5000 sheets of resin impregnated carbon fiber pressed around molds (in varying thickness) and then pressure cooked until stiffened. When you ordered one, you the price included a first class ticket to mclaren for seat fitting, as well as a full sized tool chest full of cnc'd tools. the on-board tool set comes with gold plated spanners and a andized, cnc'd lug wrench.

gold foil was used in the engine compartment, as it is the best heat shielder. the titanium exhaust weighed only 68kgs. the cd player was custom manuf. for mclaren by Kenwood. lets see..what else. oh the wheels were some of the first production car wheels to be made out of magnesium.
Production Numbers: 68 Total (including 5 LM's, and NOT including the race cars)
those are a bunch of randomly placed facts about the mightly mclaren

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
As for the construction, they're made of 5000 sheets of resin impregnated carbon fiber pressed around molds (in varying thickness) and then pressure cooked until stiffened.

That can't be as dirty as it sounds........
(butthead voice on) Dude you said impregnated...(butthead voice off.):D

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by BlueSHO
The LM had closer to 668hp due to the race engine with no restrictors on the intake. but that is NOT an LM, there were only 5 LM's made, and they are all race prepped (i.e. 1 seat ect) and they were all painted the same color orange. And the Konesiggn or however the f*ck you spell it cant touch a McLaren F1. Straight line or other. The "super egg's" top speed has never been tested. Also, the Mclaren F1 was a "everyday" super car because it was so comfortable and easy to drive.

On a side note, they were 890k in europe. the American version was 1.131 million because a company named Ameritech has to convert it to meet our regulations (like taking out the other two seats, and redoing the headlamps/bumpers) although most of the mods were reversed as soon as they got it back from geting it certified.

also they DID come with a page in the manual about easiest entry/exit techniques.

As for the construction, they're made of 5000 sheets of resin impregnated carbon fiber pressed around molds (in varying thickness) and then pressure cooked until stiffened. When you ordered one, you the price included a first class ticket to mclaren for seat fitting, as well as a full sized tool chest full of cnc'd tools. the on-board tool set comes with gold plated spanners and a andized, cnc'd lug wrench.

gold foil was used in the engine compartment, as it is the best heat shielder. the titanium exhaust weighed only 68kgs. the cd player was custom manuf. for mclaren by Kenwood. lets see..what else. oh the wheels were some of the first production car wheels to be made out of magnesium.
Production Numbers: 68 Total (including 5 LM's, and NOT including the race cars)
those are a bunch of randomly placed facts about the mightly mclaren

Originally posted by BlueSHO
The LM had closer to 668hp due to the race engine with no restrictors on the intake.

f1lm10.jpg

This is a pic of an F1 LM, its the only Mclaren F1 version offered to the general public that had the black spoiler, and the black chin scoop. The car in this pic looks very similar to the blue one, which is what leads me to beleive its an LM.

"The LM version of the F1 was built to commemorate McLaren's racing success at Le Mans. The LM featured an aerodynamic kit that included side skirts and a large rear wing from the F1 GTR. Power was boosted from 627 to 680 hp by using the GTR engine without any air restrictors. Also from the F1 GTR is the 6-speed gearbox and 18-inch wheels. The curb weight of the LM was also reduced dramatically. The aerodynamics improved handling at high speeds, but limited the top speed to 225. Only 5 were built."

Note how the passage says the LM featured an aerodynamic kit that included side skirts and a large rear wing from the F1 GTR. (Which is exactly what the blue F1 posted at the beggining of this thread is wearing)

Since the regular F1 didnt have any spoilers, and the other F1's (GTR, GT, Longtail) were never offered to the public, that narrows it down alot.

The only noticable differences I can see is the fact the top of the windsheild in the blue car doesnt read "F1LM"

Last edited:

BlueSHO

i love lamp
Established Member
All McLarens were bought before they were built per customers specs. You could get a regular F1, and put the body kit on it, paint it any color under the rainbow, and get any iterior you wanted. but the blue one ISNT an LM, because it has 3 seats, the interior has carpet and leather, and its not orange. all 5 LM's are in museums right now, and theyre all clone copies of the orange one you posted a picture of.

seriously the interior of an lm looks like a race car. just carbon fiber, 1 seat, some electronics and not much else

Users who are viewing this thread