I bought a new car (not a cobra) *pics*

xenon

Established Member
I always wanted a 2004 Cobra ever since I had my 2001 GT. I never thought I would ever consider owning a different sports car until I started test driving some.

I fell in love with the Mazda RX-8 and decided to pull the trigger and find a low mileage one in white.

I found a 2005 RX-8 with only 19,600km and it's 100% flawless!!! It has all options accept Navigation. The guy spent more time taking care of the car than actually driving it.

It has a Greddy turbo kit with stock boost (6.5psi), Greddy SP2 exhaust, Spec Stage 3+ clutch and flywheel. The turbo kit has only a few hundred kilometers on it since it was installed so its time for a dyno tune.

He kept all the service records so there were no surprises at all!

rx8-1.jpg

rx8-2.jpg

rx8-3.jpg

rx8-4.jpg

rx8-5.jpg

bigj

Established Member
lol good luck, i have 3 friends with them and the engine light comes on every other week.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My friend *HAD* one and before 30k miles it got 4 transmissions and 3 engines. Ditto on good luck

Your friend sucks at driving.

To the OP, I was going to tell you to get a turbo kit, but glad you already have one. Get the Mazdaspeed bodywork and call it a day.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
very nice, good choice on color, theres a guy at my work that drives a maroon red one, and it just doesnt do the body lines justice.

TakeAwayTheFear

Stabbing the Drama
Established Member
Got TORQUE... :lol:

:lol::lol: that was funny

Horsepower, SAE net 232 @ 8,500
Torque, SAE net (lb./ft.) 159 @ 5,500

i see them all over the place, and i never new how much they cost, so i looked them up. starts at 27k up to 31,665... i had no idea they cost that much..

thats as much as my evo:??: they do look pretty cool though

Last edited:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Throw a 3 rotor in that thing!haha..get some engine bay shots.. i wanna see the turbo setup. I've seen a few people online with it.but not in person.

Users who are viewing this thread