I am much older today!

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Well, it is official. I just got a text message from our oldest son (16) letting me know he passed his drivers test and is now the proud carrier of a PA DRIVER'S LICENSE!:eek: Talk about mixed emotions! He is a good driver and we are proud of him. Just thought I would share our good news. One teen down, 2 left to go.

WAY TO GO CODY!

PS...NO HE IS NOT DRIVING MY COBRA! LOL

Last edited:

convert03cobra

Established Member
I can hear it now.... "come on Dad, I can handle the cobra. It's just a car"....that will be followed up by a slap.... "just a car? Now you are never driving THE COBRA!"

Congrats to him. I still remember getting my license almost 10 years ago. My first car was a 91 ford t-bird SC. 7lbs of stock boost baby! Fun car for my first ride.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Man.. We are getting old aren't we MM.

Not sure on the track outing for him. He wants to race his truck. We came across a decent deal on a truck a few months ago, so he's been driving that around on his learner's permit with us in it. You'll know it when he shows up at a GTG. It's loud as HELL !!!!! Use to be quiet, but that needed to change. lol...It's a redneck truck. Fits him perfectly..

04yellowcobra

Established Member
congrats to Cody!! And hell yeah that truck is awesome! Hes got a good head on his shoulders I am sure that he will be safe.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
He is a good driver and believe me, I will remind him several times a day to drive careful.

Yeah, I'm 22 and my parents still remind me several times a day :rolleyes:

Good luck with him, I'm sure he's learned how to be a good driver being around the two of you.

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
There goes all the Mod Money...right into the insurance companie's hands. I feel (felt) your pain.
:eek: I may need a part time job to cover the insurance bill.

Yeah, I'm 22 and my parents still remind me several times a day :rolleyes:

Good luck with him, I'm sure he's learned how to be a good driver being around the two of you.
I am glad someone's parents think like me. The kids are always telling me I worry about them too much or I care to much!:(

congrats to Cody!! And hell yeah that truck is awesome! Hes got a good head on his shoulders I am sure that he will be safe.
Yeah, Cody has an awesome, very, very, very, loud truck and a good head on his shoulders BUT, Cody is just like his dad when it comes to cars and trucks so I know I should be worried, very worried. lol

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
:eek: I may need a part time job to cover the insurance bill.

I am glad someone's parents think like me. The kids are always telling me I worry about them too much or I care to much!:(

Yeah, Cody has an awesome, very, very, very, loud truck and a good head on his shoulders BUT, Cody is just like his dad when it comes to cars and trucks so I know I should be worried, very worried. lol

atleast you didnt get him a lightning... JR's mod money would be going to codys truck too

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
atleast you didnt get him a lightning... JR's mod money would be going to codys truck too

Oh believe me he has already researched mods that are available for his truck! It is very hard to say "no, you don't need that," when it is likely we already have it for our own cars! lol

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Congrats Cody!!!

My honest advice: drive slowly and safely. You will thank yourself a few years down the road when you're not on mom and dad's insurance!! TRUST ME, I soon found out the price of driving too fast too often before I was on my own, insurance-wise...

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
this is Cody
Hey guys thanks for all the thoughts and advice, Ive seen all the accidents i need to see to keep me driving safe and slow I understand completly that if we need to go fast we do it at the track. Cody

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
this is Cody
Hey guys thanks for all the thoughts and advice, Ive seen all the accidents i need to see to keep me driving safe and slow I understand completly that if we need to go fast we do it at the track. Cody

Ahhh, I forgot that you were volunteering for the FD!! :beer:

P.S. When you getting your own username here on the boards?

Users who are viewing this thread