I am going to pick up my terminator on friday!!!

Wade_Racer

Established Member
Hello all I am going to pick up my 03 cobra convertible on friday it has 37K miles. I am really excited what should I look for and/or be aware of before I go look at it I have saw over 30 pictures it is in VA and I am in West Virginia. LOL Yes there is a difference we are a state!! anyways the car is lowered with CC plates as well. a smaller pulley and idler and exuast is all the car lot said was done to it, could there be more little things I should look for??? Thanks all in advance for the input!!

MrSwa

Established Member
Ask about
-tune - if any, who did it, how long ago, any dyno graphs w/ afr
-milage since oil/spark plug change
-ever been wrecked
-ever been to the track
-is the clutch stock - if no then how long ago was it changed and to what
-check tire tread depth
-check for belt slipage (dust around pulley)
etc

I know I'm forgetting something, but that's all I can think of now. I pick mine up on Saturday so I just went trough this process. Just try and get a feel of who you're buying the car from. If a dealer, find out who owned last and try calling them. Other than that, decide if you want it.

Jefe

Established Member
Have you been on this site before? If not start reading! Lots of info! Post some pics up when you can

Terminator FAQs

svtvm03

Established Member
If you want to be picky like me , look at the fenders ,hood,trunk for the ford stamped at the edges, check all the glass windows make sure the dot match with carslite brand from ford ,the headliner by the back window may sage there is a tsb on that.rev the motor up to 2000-2500 for few seconds and see if you here a ticking noise. Make sure the car is at operted temp. That is when you can here it the most. This is what i did before i got my cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread