I am genuinely impressed with humanity

Vizior

Established Member
I am amazed, I was in a serious car accident(I was not driving, car totalled, rolled, whole deal). Much to my surprise, everyone that passed by stopped to offer help.

This amazes me, because I was under the impression that a lot of people are selfish, and would prefer to get to their destination.

Anyone else have experiences in which people driving by actually offer assistant, whether a flat tire or anything?

I remember being with a friend and we got a flat, and for whatever reason his father had taken the jack out, and no one stopped to help, so I was surprised by this behavior.

(Sorry about not having all my thoughts in order, just got home.)

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
:), sometimes when i see someone walking I'll pull over and see if they need a ride and chat with them in the car while going to the destination. Have picked up a few people and they do appreciate it a lot. You can tell when someone really needs a ride. especially when it is hot out.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
You got the good people. A few years ago I saw an asian woman running a red light t-bone an older guy in a Mustang while we were at a stoplight of a busy intersection. We were the first people stopped at the light when it happened. I had to get out of my buddies car and run to see if they were even alive while everyone just tried to drive around the wreck :rollseyes

The asian woman was covered with powder from her airbag but she was ok and took a seat to wait for paramedics. The older guy she nailed was not so good. He leaned forward and heaved a few breaths before crumpling back into the seat. I couldn't believe people were still driving around me, one other woman, and the two destroyed cars as if it was just some traffic impedement to piss them off... :bs:

Glad you got the good peeps. :coolman:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
i usually can not stop when i am working as its against govt regulations but i figure there are to many freeks out there for me to feel safe enough to stop and most people have a cell phone
but if i saw an accident i would deff stop, and i have

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
I had a blowout on the interstate once. As my car limped to the nearest exit doing 1-2mph, the flat totally apparent, cars were honking at me, riding my ass, and flying by me doing 80 in a 60. No one stopped to help me except someone that happened to have seen my car in a parking lot before. Looks like you had a good group of people driving by that day.

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
i had a friend that was in a rollover accident several years ago during an ice storm. he rolled his truck into a creek and landed upside down. after managing to get out he got on the highway and started to walk down the road for help since this was before cells were so popular. he made it all the way back to the house (2miles) walking in the snow and said prbably a hundred people passed him on the way home from church but noone stopped. once we drove back out to the wreck with him (after calling ambulance to check him out) people strated pulling over to see what had happened when they saw the ambulance. and yes, his truck was very visible from the road. i am glad that your experience was better!

Vizior

Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
every now and then when you're about to give up on humanity a few souls manage to keep ya a float.. I take it you're ok....

Yeah, not really serious... just serious enough to roll over and total the car. :/

My two friends in the car are still at the ER, minor lacerations, a wrist x-ray needed, and one has neck/back pain. I got out with just a minor bruise, so I am very thankful.

I don't think I want to ride with others anymore. I'm just gonna drive myself from now on.

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
I was in a pretty bad car wreck a couple years back where I was thrown out of a car at about 80mph. Basicly the only people that stopped was the person that caused the wreck and his mother...and they only did that so his retarded mother could bitch at us for being in the way when her son tried to change lanes. Other than that, I had to dodge cars as I tried to get off of the road before I was hit by a car. I guess I should feel good for the fact that they slowed down to about 55 and at least honked so I could hear them coming...considering all I could see was stars for about 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread