I am excited about the new Apten port jobs.

Dominick32

BANNED
I am an Apten man myself and I wish Ken and the boys much luck and success in future ventures. Apten brought everything to the public for us during the early stages of the ported eatons and I look forward to seeing a very successful future for them along with MD.

Here is some information I found on the new Major Move for Apten:

Apten Performance has been at the forefront of late model Ford tuning and modifications for sometime now. We are the company that brought the ported Eaton for the 03 / 04 Cobra and Lightnings to market and showed everyone how effective this modification could be. Due to the volume of superchargers getting ported and the lack of in-house equipment to handle that volume, Apten had been outsourcing the machine work. This allowed us to focus on developing new products without making a major investment in equipment and/or personnel.

Well, that all has changed. Apten Performance is proud to announce that we are bringing all machine work in-house. Apten has acquired an additional 5,000 sq ft. adjacent to our current facility along with a fully functioning machine shop with a full staff. Heading up this project is a mechanical engineer with over 25 years experience in custom machinery and automotive machine work. This new venture will allow Apten to continue on as the leader in late model Ford performance while providing more repeatable results and superb customer service. It will take approximately 2-4 weeks to move the machinery to the new location and for the new shop to be ready to go so please be patient with us. We should be able to begin accepting blowers again at the first of the year. We will be able to handle blowers in large volume starting in February. Just in time for a winter special while everyone has their car down for the weather.

Apten Performance would like to thank all of our loyal customers over the years and promise that we will not let you down. Apten is already working on some revisions to the current port that look very promising. We will be able to port blowers throughout the move, but not in a large volume.

1.jpg

3.jpg

I bid them well! Anyone else here any more news on Apten/MD Performance?
I am very interested.

Dom

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Dominick32 said:
Anyone else here any more news on Apten/MD Performance?
I am very interested.
Dom

I heard they are no longer an SVTP vendor. I hope they do well with their business, but Steigemeier will get my money for the port job. Anyone who has an "Apten" on their car had it done by Steigemeier in reality. I really never understood the middleman concept of Apten's business. It will be interesting to see what Apten's results will be without Steigemeier in the picture though.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Guys, Guys this is great news the more shops out there that are porting these things the "over" inflated price will keep coming down and down on these blowers, it has already started. look at the great deals Stegmeir is giving on these ports, 200$ less than apten, I am sure that Apten will have to lower there prices. Got to love competition.

dynobobstieg

00SVTdubs said:
I agree, Apten was the inventer of the port.... everyone took their idea and port job and that is ok but I will only buy from apten since they did all the R&D. d Now I know they had steg actually do the port work but everything was paid for by APTEN. So apten paid steg to steal their port design and now mass sell the blowers. From what I understood when Brian was running apten was steg could sell the blowers but they said they would not advertise.... now that has all gone to hell and apten is basically getting screwed over. Then amazon who sold "APTEN" blowers a while ago steals the port and now sells "amazon" blowers and then everyone else sees a pic on the net and start doing "their own" ports. That is why when the blowers first came out companies didnt want people posting pics. that is why "the other guy" didnt just post pics on the net or give too much info.... this really pisses me off, I know if I was Apten, Id be a little pissed but that is good for customers because competition DOES bring the price down.

Stiegemeier designed 1st blower port design for Brian Herron (While he was here in MO working with us at OUR shop tuning cars on our Dyno) Stiegemeier and Herron worked together as a Great Team!! Brian Herron moved forward in his career of tuning to work for SCT in FL. Stiegemeier continued developing and designing ports for the eaton blowers. Brian Herron who coined the name "apten" sold the name and small parts to MD Motorsports. STIEGEMEIER'S was NOT involved with the sale of this name in anyway, MD Motorsports/Apten sold OUR Porting work for the last few months! They ported a few blowers on their own in mid summer with no success. Then came back to us. We ported during the Sept. Special (which WE initiated ) ALL OUR PORT WORK is STAMPED with Stiegemeier name and #. The 1st hundered however were only numbered. Check your Blowers!

COMPETION IS GOOD!!!! :thumbsup:

www.stiegemeier.com
636-949-2275

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread