I am coming back

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Sup guys,

I just got back on Saturday night from a long drive from ATL to Chicago. My friend just bought an 04 Viper SRT-10 and we drove it back. I am now convinced that I want another Cobra. I have been away for a little while, and now I am coming back. I will probably be purchasing in April/May depending on what I find. I am definately going to have to make it at least compete with the Viper. What do I need guys? Do I need to go with a Whipple/KB or can I compete with a ported blower and all the regular bolt ons? I am starting to get really excited about modding again. :rockon:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Your definitely going to need a twin screw like a Kenne Bell or Whipple. A port and a shot of nitrous would be a good setup too.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Can the motor handle a port and a shot of nitrous? Maybe a 50 shot? Sorry, I have been away for a while and I am asking noob quesitions again. I want the car to be as street friendly as possible.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Pulley, tune, simple bolt ons, tires, DRIVER MOD.... should be plenty... if your roll racing then id throw a 50-75 shot on maybe 50 dry shot but if i were you id rather go wet...

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
^ Eaton supercharger port like a stage IV Stiegemeier port.

That port and nitrous seems to be a popular setup.

This link/thread explains pricing and basically everything you need to know about blower ports
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239851

This is Stiegemeier Official Site
www.stiegemeier.com

Can the motor handle a port and a shot of nitrous? Maybe a 50 shot? Sorry, I have been away for a while and I am asking noob quesitions again. I want the car to be as street friendly as possible.

Definitely. I know some that are running like 75-125 shot with a safe tune ofcourse.
2004 Viper SRT-10 has 500hp and 525ft lbs and I am guessing that is crank numbers not at the wheels and I am not sure if they are underated but I mean it gives an idea of what they are doing. A Cobra with a pulley, tune, simple bolt ons, tires, DRIVER MOD as ViciousJay mentioned usually will put you around 450rwhp-470rwhp and 450ft lbs- 460ft lbs. I mentioned a twin screw or port job if you wanted to actually beat him and not keep the race too close because I think even with those mods he will still edge you out and pull on you in the higher RPMs.

Last edited:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I would love to get it to 500rwhp and 500rwtq+. How streetable are these numbers? How are these for normal driving?

Users who are viewing this thread