I am a believer in the "Stock" Shelby

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Just checking in with the 30K mile mark on our car. It is driven daily and sometimes in heavy traffic. It has not been babied it has been driven. We have the proof on our personal video shelf that it lives up to the hype. It was broken in properly and the clutch is still in it in the stock configuration. It does need crank case ventilation most boosted cars do. We have had two cam sensors put in it that appears to be where the boost pressure through the motor finds the weak spot. I have accepted all challenges from non stock cars simply stating If your modified car can beat my modified Acura well then I will run you with my "Stock" Shelby and non have made it past the Acura (LOL) sorry guys but it is what it is and the turbo B series is pretty tight. We paid the high money to extend the warranty to 125K because it makes the wife feel good driving the car and she looks cool in it. Plus she has half the money and all the--well you know. Just thought I would put out an update about our car and how it is doing. It has an engine built by Phil Pragano and Dave DeClark Hp Cary has been a reassuring presence in the Niche Line builder thread reassuring me we could have fun in this car and we have. It is 100% stock and always will be. A good group of people developed this and assembled this and we love it.

Troponin

Established Member
There is no better feeling than being completely satisfied with what you have and wanting to leave it the way it is. I have a 2014 GT, and I want it to be "like" the GT500, so I will be SCing it. Had I been able to get a GT500, I would most likely do the same as you. Stock, they sound really good, and the ONLY thing that I might do what get better traction. Everything else with the GT500 just seems right for what most people buy it for.

03reptile

Established Member
I've got 18K plus on my stock 2013, and it's also been to one track day. No negative issues at all. In years past, I went through the faze of "modding" my performance cars and found it often lead to other issues that surfaced due to the modifications. I'm not criticizing those who choose to modify their rides, but I see a lot of posts regarding the " domino effect" of some modifications. With this car, I'm satisfied with the overall package and am just enjoying the worry free experience of driving it. SVT did a hellava job in my opinion.

Fendbass22

Established Member
I am in the same boat. I have completed three Ford EFI engine swaps into vehicles that shouldn't have them. One daily driven and other two had the reliability just not practical as DD. I am going to buy a 2013-2014 and leave it alone. I've always said for $55k I could build something nasty. Maybe it has something to do with getting older going on 32 and I am ready to just drive and maintain my weekend warrior.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Op, have you experienced heat soak robbing power hard? Any serious wheel hop? Happy with the goodyear tire? I just cant see anyone being happy with any of these and not wanting to do something about them.

Myfast70

Established Member
Congrats on hitting 30k, I'm excited that I've actually managed to accrue 2600 miles in the two years since I bought mine new as I just don't have enough time to drive it.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Thank you for your review. I wouldn't expect anything else. I also wish I had as much self control as you do. Being satisfied with what you have is a trait I do not have.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Props to you & your will power, I had items on order for both rides, while waiting for them to be built !!

12gt500

Established Member
I had a 11 gt/cs and was planning to s/c it. But instead bought a 12 gt500. After 35k and 853 rwhp on low boost. I wish I can say the same. But Man is 853+ rwhp so much fun :)

But more power to you I know I couldn't of have stood stock. Even though that was original plan.

ObieFox

Established Member
I've had many different mustangs since my first one in '90 and they have all been modified for more performance. This includes among many others a 69 GT500, a low mileage 93 cobra, a 2003 Termi, and a 2012 GT500. The performance mods made them all "better", but at the same time it made them all "worse". Even the best modifications create a series of compromises...some small some big.

My 2013 GT500 is the first mustang I've ever had that is damn near perfect completely stock. It has been 2 yrs and I have not changed a thing. I love it and it feels like a keeper...now I just need to add that damn hellcat to the stable. :)

662HP631TQ

Established Member
The car has more than enough power. It'll never be a garage queen, but I won't track it, hey I know my luck and if it weren't for the bad I'd have none at all! People that constantly track there cars need the suspension upgrades and probably more power to compete and break their previous rcords. Don't get me wrong, sounds really fun, but I'd rather buy a 2011 GT and go from there to do all that. I love my car and it is unique it has the smallest motor from the big 3 (Camaro ZL1/Z28, Hellcat) with the biggest power per liter. It just seems like you are riding around in a legendary car no racetrack needed!

Users who are viewing this thread