I almost cried today...

CobraMac

Established Member
The car sold and the new owner came to pick it up....he is a big car enthusiast and has had a fair share of them. It's definitely a bitter sweet feeling. Especially since I built every piece of the car from the ground up and created all of my own concepts and ideas with it. It was a ton of fun while having it and I loved the car to death.

It was funny, I may sound weird, but as I was giving the car one last wipe down this morning I was talking to it almost as if I was losing a good friend (and I actually NEVER talk to the car lol). I was very sad when it was driving away and still am pretty bummed, but it's all for the better. Sooner than later I will have a new fun toy, so we will see what the future holds for me. I'm young so I have a lot of time!

Here's the last couple pics of the car....

Yes I had to...one of my goofy ass in front of the car before it drove away. (That's my work clothes, that's why I'm in all black).

DSCN1142.jpg

And a few of it driving away :( :( At least it looked and sounded amazing while leaving

DSCN1143.jpg

DSCN1145.jpg

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I know that feeling and completely understand. There is always another car to build.......you have to keep telling yourself that. I cried like a chick when my first two Cobras drove off.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I felt terrible trading in my 2001 monte carlo with 190k miles, rusted body panels, and no A/C. I can't imagine how you feel

Stinger2011

Established Member
That sucks, man, but you'll find another toy to play with eventually.

My first car was a 35th anniversary V6 Mustang. Looked horrible when it was newer. Now, it's easily the ugliest mustang i've ever seen.

- It's dented up to hell and back.
- The paint's peeling every where.
- The crappy ricer stickers are rotting away.
- The exhaust is rubbing against something underneath.
- My sister didn't take care of the inside and just throws half eaten burgers and **** in the back til I finally get enough and clean it out myself.
- The dashboard is cracked and some kind of glue is on it.

Do I want it back, though? Yes.

I'm stupid. I know.

Last edited:

mustangsally1

Established Member
That is the worst feeling, I feel for you. I cried when I sold my car and everywhere I went I seen mustangs which sucked. Then you feel worse, yes there is always more. Sounds stupid but I miss my 96 and I bought a 05 thinking I would love it, now got rid of it for my cobra and the stupid thing is I still miss my 96. Oh well guess no love like your 1st love.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
i know the filling, i sold my cobra a little over a month ago. seeing it drive away was hard. :beer:

THE LIRA

Established Member
Back home in San Antonio,Texas TIME SERVED!!USMC
Oh man you sold it!!! I have been following your car on the build as you posted it up. That was a nice ride. I am sure you hated to see it go. The thought has crossed my mind to sell my TT Cobra as well but I stomped that out of my mind for the time being. If you don't mind me asking how much coin did it pull? I am sure it was nowhere near the time effort and money spent. I am sure the present owner will take care of it. I really liked that coolant tank and the TF's.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
I feel your pain. Been there and done that with my 98 Gt. (But the sadness didn't last too long as I found/bought my Cobra later that day :banana:)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I think i saw your car on ebay. Did you get what you were asking? Future car plans?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
It is a hard thing to do! I know because I did it last year when I sold my Comp Orange. My wife and 6yr old cried as mine rolled away on a trailor.

At least you got to have a great day at Knotts with the car one last time.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Sucks man. I still remember the day I sold my baby (My 2000 Camaro Z28) I built that car from a stone stock daily driver to what it was. Defiantly easy to get attached to these hunks of iron. As much as I love my Cobra (I sold the Camaro to buy the Cobra, wanted more of a cruiser) I regret selling my Camaro every day of my life. It was such a blast, and I had so much blood and sweat into it.

Last edited:

CobraMac

Established Member
Thanks for all the kind words and props guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way and been through it! It is definitely bitter sweet that's for sure. Never talked to a car before today though, so hey it's all out now lol

Users who are viewing this thread