hyundai tiburon vs 2vGT

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
cruising the speed limit in the local mexican expressway going about 45-50 windows down and just enjoying the night not looking for any runs or any trouble with alot of my buddies getting arrested for racing so with that in my mind i was far from looking for any runs,

so what so happens to pull up?? a brand new hyundai tyburon with paper plates and everything so its a typical spikey haired teenager. hes constantly cruising next to me and i cant shake him off, i slow down he slows down and so on and so on, so im like ok whatever lets get this done with, i signal the dude in the hyundai to slow down to a 60 and he agrees, i honk it off and on the 3rd honk he takes off and i exit the freeway laughing my ass off. dumb ricers.

:D

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
4cyl. Tiburon or a GT V6???? Doesnt really matter, you would have taken the V6 easily and absolutely destroyed the 4banger. My friend had an automatic w/sport shift 04 GT Tiburon. It wasnt fast at all and after having it a year he realized he was in a chick car lol. We managed to outrun a couple of V6 Mustangs and ran with some random ricers(Civics, non turbo Eclipses, some Dodge Neons). The car was an absolute POS though. Had to go back to the dealership several times for warranty issues like window motors and it couldnt keep an alignment to save its life.

KduncSS

Established Member
Depending on what u have it might have been a good run. I think those things have 170 something hp

Not sure about the new ones but my friends 04 model had 174hp. Trust me when I say that it WOULD NOT have been a good run. They have a little puny 2.7 V6 that is devoid of any torque. My buddys car would get trounced repeatedly by stock 99-04 Mustang GT's. It wasnt even close, and the OP's car is modded a good bit. The manual Tiburons might be a little better than the automatic he had, but a stock Mustang GT would still come out the clear victor.

fastmach04

Established Member
4cyl. Tiburon or a GT V6???? Doesnt really matter, you would have taken the V6 easily and absolutely destroyed the 4banger. My friend had an automatic w/sport shift 04 GT Tiburon. It wasnt fast at all and after having it a year he realized he was in a chick car lol. We managed to outrun a couple of V6 Mustangs and ran with some random ricers(Civics, non turbo Eclipses, some Dodge Neons). The car was an absolute POS though. Had to go back to the dealership several times for warranty issues like window motors and it couldnt keep an alignment to save its life.

Not sure about the new ones but my friends 04 model had 174hp. Trust me when I say that it WOULD NOT have been a good run. They have a little puny 2.7 V6 that is devoid of any torque. My buddys car would get trounced repeatedly by stock 99-04 Mustang GT's. It wasnt even close, and the OP's car is modded a good bit. The manual Tiburons might be a little better than the automatic he had, but a stock Mustang GT would still come out the clear victor.

Haha, I remember riding in his car too... and that thing sure didn't have ANY torque what-so-ever. When he would punch it off the line, I felt like I was riding in a golf cart. Even higher speed accelerations felt like he was trying to push a bus. A stock 99-04 GT wouldn't have any problems with one in any kind of race. Total waste of a car as far as performance, but I've definitely seen some hot girls driving them! :rolling:

dragonlightning

Established Member
Becareful. Hyundai joined the Mitsi,dodge joint development on the Evo motor.

So 2010 you'll see tiburons with the dreaded Turbo evo motor, Same motor in the srt-4.
No more laughing at them, I for one will be a bit more careful. We just put down 570awhp on pump gas and meth on our evo here at the shop, Stock Block (forged internals)

yellowbra

Established Member

So 2010 you'll see tiburons with the dreaded Turbo evo motor, Same motor in the srt-4.
No more laughing at them, I for one will be a bit more careful. We just put down 570awhp on pump gas and meth on our evo here at the shop, Stock Block (forged internals)

you got a link to this info???

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member

the hyundai tiburons are discontinued i work at a dealership auto mall and there a hyundai dealership there and the tiburon has been replaced by the new genisis

a yea the tiburons is def a chicks car

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
hyundai is more closely related to kia motors they share alot of the same motors.

but i might be wrong.

KduncSS

Established Member

The whole Hyundai/Mitsu/Chrysler thing came out years ago. They worked jointly on a few things(it happens alot between auto makers nowadays), but they never put into production a "Tiburevo".

And just FYI, the Evo and SRT 4 have completely different motors.....

KduncSS

Established Member
the hyundai tiburons are discontinued i work at a dealership auto mall and there a hyundai dealership there and the tiburon has been replaced by the new genisis

a yea the tiburons is def a chicks car

+1 the Tiburon is no more.

KduncSS

Established Member
hyundai is more closely related to kia motors they share alot of the same motors.

but i might be wrong.

They are one in the same pretty much. Its kinda like Chevrolet and Pontiac. Different body panels and badges, but the underpinnings are the same and are both a branch of GM.

KduncSS

Established Member
Haha, I remember riding in his car too... and that thing sure didn't have ANY torque what-so-ever. When he would punch it off the line, I felt like I was riding in a golf cart. Even higher speed accelerations felt like he was trying to push a bus. A stock 99-04 GT wouldn't have any problems with one in any kind of race. Total waste of a car as far as performance, but I've definitely seen some hot girls driving them! :rolling:

Have you seen the dark blue one with tan interior riding around Dville?

Very cute chick in that one. And then I always see the curly haired homo riding in an exact copy of Travis's old Tibby:lol:

Im so glad he finally got rid of that damn thing.

Users who are viewing this thread