HyperPac Warning

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
HyperPac Warning - UPDATE

I went and purchased the HyperPac Performance Automotive Computer to monitor my 2006 Mustang GT. When I read the manual it states clearly at the beginning that when you first connect the HyperPac to the vehicle to lock the unit to the vehicle it will set the car's computer to the factory stock settings.

Having already tuned the car using an SCT programmer and dyno, I called HyperTech and asked them if this was true...will the unit wipe out the custom tune. The answer was "yes" - ONLY IF YOU USE THE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING PROGRAM MENU SELECTION.

The other 4 programs - Dynometer, Engine Monitor, Diagnostics, and Drag Strip will work fine with the SCT tune or other programmers.

When I talked to the Hyperpac tech, he implied that if you try to use the Performance and Tuning it will detect the custom tune and prevent you from using the Hyperpac P&T program to tune, however in the same breath he stated to stay out of the P&T program menus. So I'm not quite clear whether the Hyperpac actively prevents you from using the P&T if it detects anything but the stock program OR is the prevent strictly controlled by staying out of the P&T menu altogether.

Hyperpac will lock your car VIN# to its unit but this does NOT overlay the cars ECU in anyway - it is a read only initialization.

Just thought I would give a HEADS-UP to folks should anyone be considering the purchase of the HyperPac for their tuned car.

Last edited:

bbosncali

Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
I went and purchased the HyperPac Performance Automotive Computer to monitor my 2006 Mustang GT. When I read the manual it states clearly at the beginning that when you first connect the HyperPac to the vehicle to lock the unit to the vehicle it will set the car's computer to the factory stock settings.

Having already tuned the car using an SCT programmer and dyno, I called HyperTech and asked them if this was true...will the unit wipe out the custom tune. The answer was "yes" - ONLY IF YOU USE THE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING PROGRAM MENU SELECTION.

The other 4 programs - Dynometer, Engine Monitor, Diagnostics, and Drag Strip will work fine with the SCT tune or other programmers.

When I talked to the Hyperpac tech, he implied that if you try to use the Performance and Tuning it will detect the custom tune and prevent you from using the Hyperpac P&T program to tune, however in the same breath he stated to stay out of the P&T program menus. So I'm not quite clear whether the Hyperpac actively prevents you from using the P&T if it detects anything but the stock program OR is the prevent strictly controlled by staying out of the P&T menu altogether.

Hyperpac will lock your car VIN# to its unit but this does NOT overlay the cars ECU in anyway - it is a read only initialization.

Just thought I would give a HEADS-UP to folks should anyone be considering the purchase of the HyperPac for their tuned car.

i just ordered one for my 99 cobra and was wondering how you liked it and how acurate the dyno is since it sounds like you've had your car dynoed before?

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
bbosncali said:
i just ordered one for my 99 cobra and was wondering how you liked it and how acurate the dyno is since it sounds like you've had your car dynoed before?

The Hyperpac dyno has been right on the button. The trouble is finding a clear road to do the test pull on.

bbosncali

Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
The Hyperpac dyno has been right on the button. The trouble is finding a clear road to do the test pull on.

i had to do my dyno test using 4th gear (I 75) and was very impressed by my #'s hypertech told me to do it in 3rd but i was only getting like 275hp to the engine and well my car comes with 320 stock. i was wondering if you encountered the same problem? p.s. my best was 394.3hp (engine) and 324.5 torque with 368.3 to the wheels very happy with those #'s but i need more torque thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread