HypeRFest Photos & Video now online!

S1L1C0N

Established Member
The photo album is located HERE

And an edited video can be found HERE
NOTE: Modem users beware, this file is 50MB...

Enjoy!

Photo_Library_5836.sized.jpg

BlackStripes

Established Member
Is not autocross.. is road racing in Summit point in the big track.. it was kind of hard to get very high speeds, because is a high speed school... and you need to get a signal from the car you are passing.... in the straight i was doing 120-125mph.. in the little carrousel.. probably around 60mph, turns are very tight there..

ohh .. we had a great time..!!! I really think every car guy should have a high speed class at least once..

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
LOL, check the tubbed s-10 hittin them turns. I can't stop laughing. Damn they'll let anything on a road course.

Looks like you guys were doing quite nice. Something like that is definitely on my to do list.
Nice vid.

Aaron

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Originally posted by BlackStripes
Is not autocross.. is road racing in Summit point in the big track.. it was kind of hard to get very high speeds, because is a high speed school... and you need to get a signal from the car you are passing.... in the straight i was doing 120-125mph.. in the little carrousel.. probably around 60mph, turns are very tight there..

ohh .. we had a great time..!!! I really think every car guy should have a high speed class at least once..
Also known as Solo I for those SCCA faithful. Did i see a 911 in there somewhere?

BlackStripes

Established Member
I still can't understand why they allowed that truck to race... skinnies and big 14/15 inches tires at the rear ..!!! WTF ??!?!? After the first turn, we discovered something else.. the damn truck spilled gas ALL OVER !!!..

the video is MPG4, you can watch it with QuickTime or RealPlayer (will download drivers for it).

hehehe.. yup Tired you are right... :) .. hmm.. i don't remember seen a 911, there were two days of fun, we only went Saturday, and even saturday, there were like 4 or 5 different competitions... drifting, Honda Challenge, Miata challenge, HyperDriving (the video) .. and some sort of race..with race cars only.. A LOT OF FUN .. an a DAMN sun burn :)

03'Darin

Established Member
DAMN.....I didn't discover this event until yesterday when I checked out Summit Point's sight for updates on their new track. If I would have know about it sooner my wife and I would have been there and she would probably have been running her Cobra.

I ran my 03' there in April at a Ferrari event and had a blast (I have several years of race experience at Summit in a Mustang). I ran in the advanced group, which didn't require signals for passing so you could really keep your momentum up and I was hitting 130 at the end of the front stretch.

If you've never done a road course event........STOP whatever you are doing......find an event (local or not).......sign up.....prepare to have some of the most fun you have ever had in a vehicle (in the front seat).

BTW it looks like you guys had a blast at the event. I wish I would have know about it so my wife and I could have shared in the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread