hypercoated fr500s pics. are mine different colors?

bullitt784

Established Member
EDIT 9/3: American muscle sent me a new wheel today to match the other three wheels. i'm very impressed with the speed in which they're dealing with this! will update accordingly!

just got a set of fr500s from american muscle. they finally got a shipment of the hypercoated 18X10s in so i ordered 2 of those and two 18X9s. i got them mounted and balanced but the fronts seem to be darker. does it have anything to do with the rear lip that the backs look lighter from the reflection??? hopefully someone can chime in here. or are they two different batches???

right side
newwheels007.gif

left side
newwheels006.gif

more pics, definitely different, #$#(&@)(&*@#$ i think it might just be the front right though
newwheels009-1.gif

newwheels007-1.gif

newwheels009.gif

newwheels003.gif

newwheels001-1.gif

Last edited:

bullitt784

Established Member
well i posted it in the american muscle forum. i wouldve hoped that if they had different batches they wouldve at least checked to see they were matching before they went out.

DivineDetail

Established Member
Do you have any direct side view pictures? They do look different from that angle, as though the backs are much lighter. The fronts looks like my anthracites, the rears sure dont.

ralliart16

Established Member
So you got just the wheels from them?

You're probably screwed now since you mounted tires to them BTW.

bullitt784

Established Member
yea it's night now so i can't really get more pics. this would really suck if they were different as yes, the tires have already been mounted

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
So you got just the wheels from them?

You're probably screwed now since you mounted tires to them BTW.

thats true..I would buy new fronts and sell the ones on there now cheaper that way.

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
I've got them too and one of mine kinda looks more like your right front ( darker than the rest ) I do think the rears look lighter overall from the deep dish and the way the light reflects off it, sweet rims though:beer:

bullitt784

Established Member
see ii've been looking around at pics and it seems that a few of them look like mine. maybe it's just perception. hell all it would take is for AM to tell me they're all the same and i'd be content. but if they don't match and i was sent the wrong ones than i want to rectify. any pics of your rims jdm?

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Am I the only one that thinks they look right? I think it's just the way the light is hitting them. You'd be supprised at how much color looks differnt at diffrent angles and with different light.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Bullitt - I'm pretty sure I'm one of the most recent to put on the Hypercoated AM FR500's - mine DO NOT look like that at ANY angle.

IMHO you got the front "Anthracite" FR500's and the rear hypercoated rims. They are just too dark.

I'd throw up a pic of mine but I don't have any yet, sorry bud.

red04svtcobra

Foxbody search is on!!
Established Member
Heres what they should look like. The PS front is the only one that looks anywhere like it from the pics you posted. Hope this helps some.
DSC03816.jpg

DSC03814.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread