hydronic infloor heat questions

Tylerc

Established Member
Hello, putting together a hydronic infloor heat panel and want to know what i all need. Its for a garage. Size is 28x30. Three runs of unknown length.

Currently i just have a micro boiler .
so far i know i need
-pump ( how much gph?)
-expansion tank (how large?)
-pressure relief valve
-thermostat
-manifold.

oldmodman

Established Member
I can't answer your questions either.
But I can say you will never regret having it.
I know someone in Carmel that has it throughout their house and even the outside patio. It's over 80 years old and has never failed once.
Nice, even heat on even the coldest, dampest days. And extremely cost effective.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
The last garage I put radiant floor heat in was rather complex. 6" O2 barrier Pex tubing affixed to rewire 6" apart with preformed 180* metal u bends in 250' runs, there were seven zones in the floor.

You want to make sure you use a thermostat that senses the floor and the room are temp at the same time. Taco 007 circ pumps will do just fine for runs under 250 feet. Pex makes a nice balance port manifold, it's a snap to install. An Extrol 60 expansion tank should do the trick, I'm sure there are others. Make sure you install a mixing valve, this will regulate the water temp flowing through the tubing. Auto bleeders and air scoops will keep the pumps from cavitating. Boiler should come with relief device. Don't forget to freeze protect the system with Propylene Glycol when it's all said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread