Hydrolic Clutch Kit

stangin

Established Member
Has anyone gone to a hydrolic clutch? My 94 LT1 with the six speed duel disc even had one. I want to go with a heavier clutch, but dont want the heavier pedal, besides the cables break and stretch over time. Is there a kit out there someone offers for our 03 Cobra's? Hey Doug, Rick and Jim we need a nice hydrolic setup from you guys for this.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Why, the LS1 guys seem to have nothing but trouble with this. And if you put a twin disk clutch in, you can double your holding power with the same pedal effort as stock.

Last edited:

stangin

Established Member
Dual Disc?

Do they make a dual disc for the Cobra? I would think the cable is less reliable, this is why everyone goes to the clutch quadrant. I never had a problem with my hydrolic in the LT.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I have a hydraulic TOB setup for a T-5 in a 87-93 car...I know it won't fit a T-56.

I have always thought that a hydraulic setup was much better than a cable operated one, after having driven both.

I'm looking to get rid of the hydraulic TOB setup, let me know (anybody) if you can use it. Cheap.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Everyone get the clutch quadrant because the stock self adjuster is unreliable. I wouldn't call a steel cable unreliable though.

Mcleod may make one, I have a twin disk for my 5.0L I don't see what would stop them from making one for a 4.6L Cobra engine. Call and ask.

stangin

Established Member
Clutch

I would think a hydrolic clutch would operate smoother and be more reliable, and you could go with a heavier clutch. I liked the feel of the hydrolic unit in my LT1, sure someone's always going to have trouble with one, but not as much as the cable breaking or stretching I would think. I hear more about cable snapping and stretching than I do about hydrolic. Its a snap to rebuild the hydrolic master or slave and only a couple of bucks for a kit you can keep with you and repair on the road if necessary, had to do it once on my 82 RX7. Well, we will see if someone makes a kit eventually.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Re: Clutch

Originally posted by stangin
I would think a hydrolic clutch would operate smoother and be more reliable, and you could go with a heavier clutch. I liked the feel of the hydrolic unit in my LT1, sure someone's always going to have trouble with one, but not as much as the cable breaking or stretching I would think. I hear more about cable snapping and stretching than I do about hydrolic. Its a snap to rebuild the hydrolic master or slave and only a couple of bucks for a kit you can keep with you and repair on the road if necessary, had to do it once on my 82 RX7. Well, we will see if someone makes a kit eventually.

If you want to see a lot of people with hydraulics problems check on LS1.com. There are tons of people with those kinds of problems. Oddly enough I never had any Hydraulic problems with my LT1 either only my LS1 gave me any clutch problems.

Users who are viewing this thread