Hybrid tahoe

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Can't be any worse than the regular/flex models. I get 13/14 city in our flex fuel tahoe on gasoline. I have heard that the hybrids actually do pretty well, like 20/21 city, if thats true it's pretty damn impressive.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
they dont seem to have sold very well. even here in hybridland. ive only seen a few over the years. i doubt the extra costs justifies the fuel savings. maybe if it was LE vehicle that's going to be driven all day everyday. i didnt even know they were still making them. been a few years since ive even seen one. unless theyre undercover. previously they put HYBRID on the side in big letters lol

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Don't even think about it unless you buy a full coverage warranty along with it.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I didn't know they existed until a few days ago. Buddy and I were on our way back from lunch and we saw an Escalade with a big hybrid badge. I laughed until I googled it as it was a younger dude and I thought he was just trolling people.

flip_86

Established Member
From what I've read they should get better mileage than the sho Taurus I currently have and I could definitely use the space, there's not a lot of them out there, some have 150k - 200k miles on them and they're still going. I agree hybrids will be expensive to fix but some of the stuff on my sho would be pretty pricey if it failed too. I'm looking at ones with less than 100k miles

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
A friend of mines father had one. Says he only got 1 mpg more than the regular Tahoe. Not worth the extra cost.

Blown 89

Established Member
My neighbor has one. The upside is that you're gas mileage goes up, the downside is you're driving a Tahoe.

Users who are viewing this thread