HWY Patrol night/radar (LEO's only)

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Last weekend I did alot of driving and at one point I was on I64 coming from Virginia Beach towards I95 and I happened to pass a HWY Patrol officer parked in the median between the trees at about 2am. I was in no rush so I was just crusing at 70mph in the slow lane. I had been passed by a few cars traveling at what had to of been at least 80mph. I got to thinking I threw my :kaboom: detector :kaboom: up in the corner of my windsield (I know it works from there from when I run it when I am out of state) dumb I know... I passed two more officers one of I64 and one on I295 without it going off.

My question is do these officers just sit there and wait for someone to come flying by and then pull out and play catch up? Wait for headlights that appear to be going fast and flip it on? Do they not really care at all that late unless your really flying? During the day I know they sit with there radars on from experience I just figured it would of been the same at night. Can someone clear it up with me?

mvcrash

Established Member
Radar has instant on, they might not have checked your speed. They also may have been having coffee and donuts.....One never knows.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
MvKeeper said:
My question is do these officers just sit there and wait for someone to come flying by and then pull out and play catch up? Wait for headlights that appear to be going fast and flip it on? Do they not really care at all that late unless your really flying? During the day I know they sit with there radars on from experience I just figured it would of been the same at night. Can someone clear it up with me?

Everyone is different. Sometimes I go and eat lunch parked in a median. I look like im doing something, people slow down, no one can run up to my window and make me do something, everybody wins.

Different Strokes for Different Folks.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Thought they had a type (pop) was instant on/off... anyways I dont know much of anythin about radar and tahts not what the post was about...

Thanks for the info I figured that could of been the case too just wasent sure. Stay safe out there!

Users who are viewing this thread