HVAC Help

humbro19

Established Member
I have a Terminator swapped 98 and I'm having an issue. Hopefully I can post this here. Air only works in VENT and FLOOR. Every other selection kills the motor and it will not restart until turned back to OFF or to one of the working selections then keyed to complete OFF then restarted. At a complete loss. I know that this is a swap and that could/probably is contributing to my issue but figured I'd ask. Any help is appreciated.

zredfire04

Established Member
disconnect the vacuum supply line to the a/c controls and see if it still happens. if it does, the problem is wiring/electrical.

other than the engine, what did you swap? PCM, BCM, dash, etc?

humbro19

Established Member
disconnect the vacuum supply line to the a/c controls and see if it still happens. if it does, the problem is wiring/electrical.

other than the engine, what did you swap? PCM, BCM, dash, etc?
I'll try that out. PCM was changed not sure about BCM Dash is all 98 except for the cluster which wiring was done to make that work. I'm really thinking I'm looking at a wiring issue but want to get as many options are possible to look at. I do know that one of the a/c pressure switches (the one closest to the radiator) is unplugged due to the connector being different that the switch conection. Was really hoping some one would say that solving that issue will magically fix it all.

zredfire04

Established Member
the pressure switch being unplugged will just prevent the compressor from running. you just need the pressure sensor that matches the harness-should be a simple screw on installation.

my guess is an electrical issue. i can't imagine that the vacuum system for the a/c controls would flow enough air to cause that. i'm thinking that the pcm is looking for something that's not there or something and just killing the whole thing. if it's not the pcm getting "confused", maybe it is a wiring snafu with the cluster conversion?

Users who are viewing this thread