Hurst Shifter

MystCobra

Established Member
Itpphoto,
Thanks again for all the great info and pics. That is just the way I want mine to look except I may want to stay with a white round shifter knob. The only other question I have is: How does it feel??? Is the travel length shortened any? Closer shift pattern??? Thanks again for all your input. I WANT ONE!!! Anybody do a group purchase on this shifter?

itpphoto

Established Member
It feels great ! Much improved over stock. Tighter feel, shorter throw, like I said though, I took out the 2 extra springs to make it easier to get in reverse, otherwise you really have to push. Also, there is actually 3 boots over the shifter, the Hurst itself has a dust cover, then the Ford boot and the the super boot, so it's very quiet.

sonicbullet

Established Member
I just went out and spent about $15 dollars on a shorter stick for my stock shifter..

And now it feels just like a hurst......

Try it you will save alot of money....

itpphoto

Established Member
I doubt it feels like the Hurst, or any other aftermarket shifter for that matter. It is not just the shorter throw we are talking about, in general factory shifters are not that great. That's why performance minded people have been changing them for years. Once you take a look at the fine stamped quality of the stock shifter you'll see why.

Users who are viewing this thread