Humming, Clicking noise coming from my 00 L

icehoc8

Established Member
I just got a superchip flipchip from a guy off of ebay. i installed it and let the battery reset for 2 hours and now when i turn the key in the on position, not starting the truck it makes a humming like clicking nosie and its coming from the fuse box. what is it? the mileage is not shown and the theft blinks really fast (kinda like when you try to start the truck with a non programmed key). i did not try to start it because i was afraid it might hurt my truck. any help is appreciated.

icehoc8

Established Member
Ok here is the update. The chip was in bacwards, reversed it and the nosie went away. The contacts were cleaned properly. Now the truck will not start w/ the chip in the correct way because of the theft device. **its like when you try to start the truck with a unprogrammed key** No damage was done because i took it out and it worked fine. Any suggestions????

reality1

Established Member
icehoc,

What did that guy on e bay have the chip installed in?

After installing a new chip watch for the theft light to go out after you turn key on. When light out it is safe to start.

Sugest you get a chip for a CUX2 and your mods.

Jim

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
reality1 - good point.

icehoc8 - Get JDM to burn their programs on that chip. It won't be free but it will be well worth it.

icehoc8

Established Member
Here is the last update. The problem is that the chip was burned for a 99 L and mine is a 00 L, the COMPUTERS are different. I am sending to JDM tomorrow hopefully to have a new program put on it. Oh well thats the price you pay when you buy thinks used. Also will a 99 Pro-M 80mm MAS work CORRECTLY with a 00 L? thanks

Lightning Bob

Established Member
Originally posted by icehoc8
Here is the last update. The problem is that the chip was burned for a 99 L and mine is a 00 L, the COMPUTERS are different. I am sending to JDM tomorrow hopefully to have a new program put on it. Oh well thats the price you pay when you buy thinks used. Also will a 99 Pro-M 80mm MAS work CORRECTLY with a 00 L? thanks

icehoc8

You would be much better off buying the 90 MM meter assembly (w/boot, filter assembly, and breather cap) from JDM and then getting your used chip programmed for those modifications rather than buying a used Pro-M. Not to knock Pro-M's, but as they vary in output voltages from meter to meter, it is difficult to optimally burn a chip for use with them. Many people who originally bought Pro-M's have switched to the 90 mm setup.

Lightning Bob

Users who are viewing this thread