Hummer is coming back....

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Plan for the length of trip exactly like you need to do with a gas powered truck?

May friend drove his dad’s Model X from Florida to Mass last spring.

In a gas powered car he’s made the trip in 26 hours.

in the Tesla it took 42 hours, he had to stop 16 times to charge it. And of course none of the charging stations were at rest stops, they were all off the highway in shopping centers, office parks, municipal buildings, etc.

said he would never do that again, if his dad wants it brought back to Florida he’ll have it shipped.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
May friend drove his dad’s Model X from Florida to Mass last spring.

In a gas powered car he’s made the trip in 26 hours.

in the Tesla it took 42 hours, he had to stop 16 times to charge it. And of course none of the charging stations were at rest stops, they were all off the highway in shopping centers, office parks, municipal buildings, etc.

said he would never do that again, if his dad wants it brought back to Florida he’ll have it shipped.
492_3.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I think that what he is saying is that regardless of additional fuel cans or a limited energy supply, when planning a trip “off the grid” one has to plan according to the range available (whether on a limited energy supply or with fuel and any extra cans).

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I didnt realize fuel cans carried infinite fuel.
I didnt realize fuel cans carried infinite fuel.

To my point, I am not going on a weekend long overland trip in an EV. In my Jeep, yes. I can carry easily 50 gallons of fuel with me in rotopax fuel containers. Camp overnight, etc, etc. There is a legit chance that you could wake up the next morning and your EV be DOA. If you do an overland in an EV, you better bring a diesel generator with you that can handle the load. Look, I am all for EV vehicles. But they are much more limited than an IC vehicle right now on extended journeys.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
11,500 pound-feet of torque (1:37)?

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I am sure that is after all the torque multiplication.

Slightly.....ok, very misleading.

I guess I do not understand how they are coming up with that number.

Isn't that more than a top fuel dragster???

nxhappy

Established Member
almost bought the h1 at auction but people were bidding like retards. I'm sure this new hummer will be bad ass ...

Users who are viewing this thread