HUGE thanks to Greg at RET and JLT!!!!!!!

scott818

Banned
So I just picked up my o4 cobra with just 7k on the clock. I called Greg and he told me to come down and do a baseline pull. At 1:30 pm the day before I decided that an intake would be worth while since I was going down there anyway. Even though thier ups had already been picked up JLT sent the ram air kit usps next day and got it to Gregs shop. I got to Gregs, had a bite to eat and made the baseline stock pull. 366.18 rwhp and 353.43 rwtq with a 1 hour cool down. We switched out the stock intake for the JLT right on the rollers and got it tuned. After 4 passes it made 412.81 rwhp and 394.53 rwtq! That was a hot run too! Thanks for staying late Greg and thanks to JLT for thier help shipping it out. Not bad for ALL STOCK except an intake....

Last edited:

DonMTV

Established Member
Scott,
Wow, that seems like a big increase with just the intake. I have the JLT cold air sitting in a box just waiting for me to put it on my 2003 Cobra. I was down at RET during a dyno day earlier this year and my stock Cobra put down 362 rwhp 359 rwtq. You have some nice starting numbers, but the new ones look really good. Congrates.

Don
North Hollywood here.

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
ya GREG went the extra mile for my boy friends car as well but he's lookin to freshin up the tune after his last round of mods. his screen name is 03MUSCLE.

scott818

Banned
I live right off of valley circle and roscoe. I used to drive a black Lightning and I have only had this car for one week. We should meet up. It's good to know where your fellow cobras are.

scott818

Banned
DonMTV said:
Scott,
Wow, that seems like a big increase with just the intake. I have the JLT cold air sitting in a box just waiting for me to put it on my 2003 Cobra. I was down at RET during a dyno day earlier this year and my stock Cobra put down 362 rwhp 359 rwtq. You have some nice starting numbers, but the new ones look really good. Congrates.

Don
North Hollywood here.

I bought the ram air kit that does not go into the wheel well. Do you have that kit? What was strange is that the first pull, right after we put on the intake, Greg had to get out of it because A/F stayed in the 13's! We both thought it was quite strange.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
scott818 said:
I live right off of valley circle and roscoe. I used to drive a black Lightning and I have only had this car for one week. We should meet up. It's good to know where your fellow cobras are.

Damn I'm off VC and Victory :pepper:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
scott818 said:
You know what, I have seen you driving around. The car sounds nice. We should get a coffee and shoot the shit sometime.

Sounds good, PM me...

This is it:

r3.gif

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
03 dsg your car looks sick!!! those are the chrome fr500 rims right? Dam they look amazing. take it easy

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Scott congrats brotha! Hit me up if you want to go out and cruise.

I can't wait to get my mods put on and re-tuned @ RET! :coolman:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
IMPORTSMOKER said:
car looks great, are those 18's ?? what method/spring did you use to lower the car??

Those are the 18" Ford Racing rims with MM coil overs.

WDW MKR

Established Member
What was the A/F before and after the intake? Sounds like the MAF was re-installed with a different orientation, leaning the car out. That could produce numbers higher than expected, since the factory tune is usually very fat.

Either way, you did it right by going with JLT. I love my 12" kit!

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Did you install the intake in the fender? I originally bought the high-boost application but we then modified it for RAI and had it in the engine compartment.

Interested to know...

Users who are viewing this thread