HUGE jump in mileage ?????

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
okay...I was only gettin 175 - 185 miles to a tank (didn't calculate mileage 'cus it would have depressed me) ...but since installing my O/R X's and cat-backs (MagnaFlow) that has jumped markedly.

I noticed that I got over 200mi on the first tank after the install ...and 230 on the next tank (229.9mi @ 13.555gal = 17mpg). Same driving route...same stupid driving habits. In fact...that last tank included a brief 140mph 5th gear lesson to a curious BMW driver.

This is fantastic! Now I can afford to buy more mod's.

woohoooooooo !!!!! :beer:

Black Chip

Established Member
MPG

Put my exaust on right away so couldn't tell difference. But I'll have to show my wife this post and how much money I'm "SAVING";-)

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
That's odd. I get 230-250 MPT all the time, with no mods (OK the K&N but who's counting that). I also beat on it more than my share during the day. :)

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
That's odd. I get 230-250 MPT all the time, with no mods (OK the K&N but who's counting that). I also beat on it more than my share during the day. :)

You must be going downhill both directions. :coolman:

03cobra#116

Established Member
I get 230 + every tank, normally about 18 mpg and 13 gallons. I have gotten 300+ when I was driving on the interstate, about 21.5 mpg and 14.5 gallons.

And the aerodynamics aren't great with the top down.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
I got 12 mpg last tank. Miles per tank is a BAD way to figure your milage. Reset the Trip od, then run three tanks of gas through, adding up the gallons. This will give you a pretty accurate MPG average.

rb185afm

Established Member
My best with the car stock was 334 miles on a tank. I averaged 24 mpg. Of course that was a freeway trip. I average around 250 miles to a tank.

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
"Miles per tank" only allerted me that there was a dramatic change in my mileage...I never intended to imply that it was an accurate measurement for anything...thanks for the tips though.

:thumbsup:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Think everyone found out there MPG goes up by when drivine sane for the most part but shifting higher RPM that pulled me up to the 18 to 20 mpg mark and also alowing me to step on the trottle just to feel it pull a few times to and from the car shows,

Dont ever look at that stupid shift light I think it does more for emmisions, It sure isnt for MPG

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
...agree with that...whoever designed the program for that shift light must have never drove the car.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Im sure its for the Emission standards, and the thought of solution to pollution is dilution, less revs/ less out the tail pipe, Maybe thats how they got this high HP car passed,

Not complaining though, juess they played by the rules.

Gotta luv it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread