Huge Build, possibly trading some nice parts.

joel19delta

Insane Vert driver
Established Member
First off my ride is an 01Vert. BUT with all the mods and motor I have bought I thought I might find some more expertise in this forum. I've looked around here for a while but I thought I would like to get some comments.

So I have a 2001 vert, intake, exhaust, 99k miles, just rebuilt the top end 500 miles ago, added ARP headware, did all the 90k maintenance etc etc. But here's what I bought for this car! Looking to sell what I can off my current setup to save some money, and also I might be looking for a new tranny. This is a 4v of course.

Block was a brand new teskid block
Forged eagle crank
Bored .60 over
Eagle h-beams
JE forged pistons
Mmr oil pan
Arp studs
Cosmetic gasket
Ported/polished/ flow matched heads
Accufab throttle body
Solid motor mounts
Bad ass aluminum radiator
Aero motive a1000 fuel system
Twin Walbro fuel pumps 255's
Aero motive fuel rails
Complete custom turbo kit
60lb injectors
Lentech Strip terminator 4r70w trans (rated to 1500hp)
Freshly rebuilt
New red clutches
Reverse manual valve body
Trans brake
Also got a built solid 8.8 and new subframe connectors.

Anyone see any spots where I might run into some trouble? I think I have all the wires, hoses, nuts, bolts, clamps etc I will need.

hrmsk5.jpg

f1jvoj.jpg

5lxobr.jpg

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Yea that trans is going to break. I'm guessing you missed the thread where the guy recently spent boatloads of money at lentech to get a tranny that was built that blew upb3 times in 4 months. Had a local shop tear it down to find stock parts inside it. I'd go with level 10 or FB trans personally.

joel19delta

Insane Vert driver
Established Member
I did read that when doing some research.. I'm hoping this was an isolated incident and trying to do more research on them. I'm getting the tranny with the engine/turbo/fuel system/intercooler/and rear end. It's a package deal. Heard of anyone enjoying this tranny personally?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I did read that when doing some research.. I'm hoping this was an isolated incident and trying to do more research on them. I'm getting the tranny with the engine/turbo/fuel system/intercooler/and rear end. It's a package deal. Heard of anyone enjoying this tranny personally?

Most people that I know that went with them ended up selling them. Personally there are far better shops by me so there was no need to use them.

joel19delta

Insane Vert driver
Established Member
Well maybe I'll see if I can sell or trade it. I was just getting used to the idea of an automatic haha.

Users who are viewing this thread