Hub for momo steering wheel 83 gt

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
I am trying to install this MOMO steering wheel i got. But of course they don't make a hub for a 1983 mustang it goes from 79-82 then 84-98.

Anyone else ever run into this problem?

MEAN GT

SVT Wannabe
Established Member
you've got a couple of options...

1. source an 84+ steering shaft and transfer your electronics to it and just use the momo kit for 84+.

OR

2. Purchase a Grant Installation kit for an 83: Grant Products 4290 - Grant Steering Wheel Installation Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com and then buy this Momo/Grant Adapter which allows you to mount the Momo wheel to the grant kit: MOMO Grant Adapter for 79-83 Ford Mustang at Andy's Auto Sport

I've never done either of these personally but both seem like viable options to accomplish your goal.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
you've got a couple of options...

1. source an 84+ steering shaft and transfer your electronics to it and just use the momo kit for 84+.

OR

2. Purchase a Grant Installation kit for an 83: Grant Products 4290 - Grant Steering Wheel Installation Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com and then buy this Momo/Grant Adapter which allows you to mount the Momo wheel to the grant kit: MOMO Grant Adapter for 79-83 Ford Mustang at Andy's Auto Sport

I've never done either of these personally but both seem like viable options to accomplish your goal.

Awesome man thanks.. i already have a grant installed. so i will get the adapter.. you are the man!!!

Users who are viewing this thread