HT: OE Eaton Snout Removal/Replace in Place RE: Bolt Behind IC Manifold

Tractionless1

Established Member
I had to remove my Eaton M112 blower snout to send out for front oil seal replacement. I was adamant on not removing the blower to do so. While backing out the bottom left bolt (when facing blower) I found it will not fully loosen due to being too long to clear the IC fluid manifold where the hose connects at the top.

1. I backed it out as far as possible then cut as close to the blower as I could with a air body saw. This was the only power cutting tool I figured would fit.

2. I then was able to unscrew the remainder of the bolt and remove it from the hole. *I originally estimated and bought a 37mm long (shorter than OE) bolt; however, the hex head was too large to clear the IC manifold.

**The Solution**

3. 37mm long (MAX) M8x1.x (can't remember if it's 1.25 or 1.5 pitch) stud. I have only 4 threads on the blower case side, then ~1/4" blank stud followed by the rest threaded.

4. Screw the 4 thread side into the blower case until it stops, place the snout back in place, and use a flat washer & nut on the end of the stud. I would wait to tighten this assy. down last, as the point here is to simply seal the case, this is not a high torque area from the blower belt/snout support standpoint. DO NOT crank down on this assembly as you may pull the threads out of the aluminum blower case.

DSCF0008_zps1f85042b.gif

DSCF0009_zps22e404d3.gif

Last edited:

speedoflife

Established Member
Or chop that stupid manifold's male hose tube by 1/2". The hose will clamp on just fine and nobody will be the wiser. Though your solution is a bit more professional. Excellent tip!!

Tractionless1

Established Member
Or chop that stupid manifold's male hose tube by 1/2". The hose will clamp on just fine and nobody will be the wiser. Though your solution is a bit more professional. Excellent tip!!

Ya that would require IC fluid removal etc. which would be fine if it were empty at the time but it wasn't and there was NO way I was going through the PITA process of purging the KC, 3 way valve, HE, IC tank, Meziere pump system. No way Ford ever thought anyone would need to service the snout alone.

Users who are viewing this thread