HRE story.

recalcitrant

Established Member
Got an email from a buddy with a GT-3. Had a problem with HRE wheels. Figured I would pass it along.

Wanted to share an event with you guys/gals that occurred this week. I have a set of HRE C21 wheels which were making some noises that concerned me. I contacted HRE (Vince Borja) and sent the wheels in for inspection. Vince cut me a good deal and I had the wheels completely rebuilt and refinished. They came back looking amazing. After about 100 miles of road use the rears starting making clicking noises again. I put a different set of wheels on my car just to make sure it wasn't my car, the noise stopped with the new wheels. So now I am somewhat irritated because I'm thinking I have to send them back to HRE for the same thing all over again. I call Vince and tell him what is going on. He informs me that he will speak to the engineering department about this and get back to me. So a couple days go by before I receive a return call. When he does call I'm thinking this should be interesting. So his explanation and solution is as follows. HRE has had a couple (literally) cases of the C series wheels making noises with cars with the PCCB/Brembo setup. He advised me that he had spoken to the owner of HRE and they concurred that the situation was unacceptable. He then told me to proceed to their web site and choose a set of Monoblocks in whatever finish I wanted and they would build them and send them to me "NO CHARGE". Frankly I was speechless. I never thought they would go to this length to satisfy me. I have owned three sets of HRE's over the years and the company has always impressed me with their products. My support of HRE obviously has reached a whole new level now.

Bottom line, buy the best and receive the best customer support. You get what you pay for.

Dean

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Just count your blessings. In this economy you're blessed they did not say "customer's done something to cause it" and not done anything. Its great to know they stand behind their products.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
This is why you pay the big bucks for them!

+1. You dont get as big as they are, selling wheels that expensive, without the customer service/support to back it up.

Great Job HRE!! :beer:

Oh, and to the OP where the hell are the pics of this GT-3 on HREs?????????

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
HRE's are amazing wheels. One of these days I'll get a set for one of the Cobras.

recalcitrant

Established Member
Here you go.

3690895750_a466ebd923_b.jpg

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
That's awesome.

Glad your buddy didn't have to sue them like one bunch did when they were having a run of soft rim-lips that would bend if you looked at them crooked.

Users who are viewing this thread