HPX-E Maf Installion Blow-Through

cobra443

Established Member
After dealing with some drive-ability issues lately I've decided to make some changes. I've always known the draw-through MAF wasnt ideal for my setup but it never really caused any issues. After upping the boost a bit its starting to become a pain to get the tune dialed in. Not to mention running the stock maf with a mafia was never a good idea to being with. Got that early on before I really knew anything.

So anyways the new maf should be in within next two days. Been trying to work with my tuner to see what he needs pre/post installation. I'm currently running the mondo now, recirc back into intake. So I'll be venting that to atmo once the maf is in. I've heard its going to be crazy loud so I already expect that.

I'll be having a flange welded into my piping about 12 inches from the throttle body. Ive heard this is about the most ideal position I can put it in. Due to the bends and what not in the piping.

My concerns are in the tuning. I dont think this should be to much of an issue for my tuner to send me an update or if I'll have to log and send it off and wait. Car only sees occasional street time on nice weekends and a monthly trip to the track. But I dont like having it down for to long. I get an itch to take it out once in a while.

Anyone else out there go through this change?

Running Paxton Novi2200

Users who are viewing this thread