HPP RACING HAS MY CAR AND WILL NOT RELEASE IT!....long post!

Mach1Marauder

Banned
HPP RACING HAS MY CAR AND WILL NOT RELEASE IT!

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would be facing this problem!

I ran small HPP RACING logos from 2003 to the end of 2004 at local races. In the end of 2004, I entered my first Fun Ford Weekend event. In 2005 I ran the entire Fun Ford Weekend series with the same logos on the car, but with large logos on my race trailer and ended up #7 in the Top 10 Eliminator Club of ModMotor. 2006 was a smaller racing schedule, but with full door HPP RACING logos on my car. I won the quickest MACH1 on the Mach1/Bullitt Shootout in 2005 and 2006. All this time promoting HPP RACING and sending them many customers.

After being a longstanding and dedicated customer since July 2003,Manny Alverez, the owner of HPP RACING, and I entered into a verbal agreement for a limited sponsorship in the end of 2006. They were to sell me parts at cost and no labor charge on my car. My job was to promote and race nation wide and locally with their new twin turbo kit on my 03 Mach1 with their logo on my doors, front and rear. This was after the repeated urging and offering of the sponsorship by Manny Alverez, one owner of HPP RACING.

I began promoting this turbo kit on numerous websites and at racing events in June 2006, because I was extremely impressed with the kit.

I gave HPP Racing $8,000 to start with the project. As soon as they removed the engine and transmission, I sold a few parts off the car that were not going to be used in the project for a total of $2960. This was before any parts were ordered or engine sent to the builder.

Early 2007, I began to "hang out" at the HPP RACING shop and then began performing various tasks. These were done at much reduced rate as my way of repaying back HPP RACING for the deal with parts and labor. A great deal of these tasks were not charged a dime to HPP RACING , such as metro-plex parts runs, taking customer cars to the alignment shops taking customer's cars and the shop race car to the track for test N Tune, polishing all Manny's a aluminum engine and some of the race car parts. Again a way for me to "pay them back".

All the labor intensive jobs were charged at a discounted rate. Long distance parts runs out of the Dallas/Ft Worth metro area were charged only actual fuel costs. Customer car pick-up and deliveries were charged actual fuel costs and very small discounted pay. In every time, HPP Racing make money off my work, but that's just good business.

This work amounted to another $6500. This is figure low for the simple fact that I had to keep hounding HPP RACING to credit my account with work performed. I know that I lost from $600 to $900 worth of credits not placed on my account, but I have no actual proof. It took well over a month for one credit to make it to my account, yet any buffing or polishing supplies were added to my bill immediately.

Over $900 that was paid to Manny Alverez, by a young man as partial payment on a 92 mustang that I sold the young man has yet to be credited to my account. With that credit to my account, I SHOULD have just over $18,360 as payments and credits to my bill and that does NOT contain the $600-900 of lost credits.

Even with ALL my parts being taxable (and all of them aren't), my bill with taxes should be $18,202 if HPP honored our original agreement.

The ONLY reason I'm picking up my car from HPP, is that my nephew that has very chronic Crohn's Disease and now has colon cancer. I'm the only one that can go out the Phoenix to help him and his immediate family through their time of need. He's the sole bread winner and is now on temporary disability. He has to have surgery for his Crones and we don't know the exact extent of the cancer but it was evident that it is extensive by the GI test. I have people to help my Mom here in Texas and she want me to go help him. The only way I can help him is go out to live with them and find a way to help support them finically, moral support and assist in my nephew's care during his recovery. At best this will take a minimum of 6 months and will surely be longer. As soon as my friend found out my situation with my nephew, he offered his shop for storage of my car and offered full use of his shop and tools. I was going to do my best to finish my car and STILL honor my agreement with HPP and continue to promote their twin turbo kit.

This brings us to the crux of my problem. HPP RACING will NOT release my car nor honor our agreement. They jacked up all my prices, still will not adjust a disputed $600 charge to me on a busted sale of parts for one of their techs that I was just trying to help him sell his parts, yet I'm responsible for a part that was shipped back and I don't even have the part that was taken back by the tech and sold. HPP RACING, namely OZZIE ALVEREZ, would NOT recover the credit to the tech, yet he BILLED my account. I offered to pay for the shipping for the part, yet they want me to pay for the whole amount.

I gave HPP RACING a discount in all the work I performed for them, yet they feel it ok to dishonor our agreement and jack up my bill. I don't think that's very fair.

I tried to be MORE than fair yesterday when I went to recover my car and parts. After being TOTALLY blindsided with the escalated bill and totally lack of flexibility in trying to work with me.

After roughly 7 months of working with HPP RACING, I was getting a bit burnt out and started to not feel very well. I picked up all my polishing gear along with many pieces to buff and polish. With in 2 days I was in the hospital with a severe kidney infection. I had a reaction to the initial round of IV antibiotics and almost died. It's taken almost 6 weeks to recover. I still finished my pieces of work from HPP, just as I got news of my nephew's predicament. I feel and have been told by several people at HPP RACING, that Manny and Ozzie think I've had a falling out with them during this time. This can't be further from the truth. Even from my hospital bed, I still tried to support HPP RACING by referring people by phone and the internet. It's only when coming back and informing them of my predicament and what I feel I had no choose in the matter and the owners of HPP RACING telling me that something has changed in my loyalty to them.
After yesterday, my attitude has change as I fell anyone's would. I feel like I've been stabbed in the back. I thought I had friends in Manny and Ozzie. I've gone beyond the normal business relationship. I've has Manny's back when we went to recover a car from a customer that defrauded them. The customer had hidden the car with one of his friends over 60 miles from the shop. This friend had a gun in his pants and I made sure that I had Manny covered with protection. That's just one of the things that come to mind.

I'm totally at wits end. I've lost what I thought were two good friends. I don't have my car. And I still have to go help my nephew.

Juruense

Banned
What a shame man.

I think the first mistake you made was "verbal agreements" I know that is easy to say because its hard to be able to afford lawyers and such to draw up formal contracts.

The second mistake was all the off the books labor and "parts runs".

It seems to me that the entire time you were operating from a perspective of assuming you could trust other people. This is almost never the case.

I think the way forward is to clearly define the whole situation on paper documenting everything you can remember. Get everything clearly defined. Then give HPP a chance to resond to your clearly defined documented demands. Then if they still leave you hanging you have no choice but to speak to a lawyer.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You have a very complicated situation. The only question I have is "how much of this is in writing?" If there is no signed writing, I am sure their story will be a lot different. Get yourself a good attorney.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I wish a man's handshake and agreement still meant something these days...

Hope you get it all worked out. Best of luck to your nephew also. My best friend has Crohn's, it's not pretty when it's bad...

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
"Verbal agreements" ftl.

+10000000

Step 1. Learn your lesson
Step 2. Call the cops and tell them a shop will not give you your car back. (i'd personally report it stolen)
Step 3. Get a lawyer
Step 4. Remove your sig

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I seriously hope this get resolved soon. We all know we have made MANY verbal argreements with friends or SO-CALLED friends and they have stood the test of time...then theres the others like this. I hate to see bullshit like this happen.

SCDSG

Established Member
Yep guys
I should have got it in writing, but I thought I was dealing with friends.

When it comes to money, "friends and family" will screw you over faster than the blink of an eye. I'd rather lend money to someone I barely know because I'd at least have a 50% chance of getting it back

Sorry to hear about this bullshit Bill and hopefully it'll work out. Maybe there's a reason why Jeremy left a couple of years ago.

And people always ask me why I go to LoneStar. I believe Brian and his crew have more integrity that most of the other players out there. At least to me and friends of mine he has always backed up whatever he says.

Dusten

Established Member
callin the cops will do no good. if there is no agreement of this discount, or any other agreements, then HPP can slap a mechanics lien on the car for money's owed. His best bet is to get an attorney

Users who are viewing this thread