HPDE Night Event at Sebring, vids

Sirl

Established Member
Winterfest with PBOC at Sebring, they had a mini DE night session Friday night, so, a buddy and I went up for it.

OMG, SO much fun. Brings it to a whole different level!!
The video doesnt really show how dark it actually is.
We will definitely be back again next year for this. Hope some of you Florida guys can come out too! Was supposed to be 2, half hour sessions, but they ended up just making it a 2 hour open session. Point by via blinker, anywhere on track. Open to Instructor and Advanced only.

Sebring Night Event 1 10 14 - YouTube

This one picks up as soon as the guys in the Ferrari and Vette get out of my way.

Sebring 1-10-14, Night Event with PBOC - YouTube

I have new respect for drivers of the 12 and 24 hour races!

Last edited:

krman68

Established Member
Cool vid. That looks like a blast. I've never run at night on the track. It looks like a whole different animal

BTW, how did you get your tach and throttle feed to the screen? I use a GoPro when i am on the track and would love to get that hooked up

Sirl

Established Member
Running 3.73's
Love them, but with 5th gear over drive, it sucks.
You can hear it drop off, and no more power.

Last edited:

Sirl

Established Member
KRMAN68,
I've had everything from GoPro's when they first came out, to the Replay HD (2 of them).
After all those, I finally started using my Iphone5.

A few things you need.
1. TrackAddict App.
2. GoPoint BT1. This is a bluetooth ODBII reader. Just plugs in to your OBD port and stays there. It sends all the data to TrackAddict. Very simple to set up.
3. Not mandatory, but an external GPS antenna I got the XGPS 150 used on ebay for $50.00

Its just a little box, the size of a half dollar. Its also bluetooth.

Turn on your phone, it finds both of these things.

Open TrackAddict (or any other track app)

use a mount with your phone, and all done!!

Here is a better example what what you can do.

mustang GT @ Homestead with PDG - YouTube

dmichaels

Established Member
Very cool, have always wondered about driving in the dark, does look completely different. I imagine a bit intimidating at first as well... very nice though! Looks like fun

I second the GoPoint BT1 - I have one that I use with Harry's Lap Timer Pro. It's a fantastic gizmo and has worked flawlessly for me thus far.

krman68

Established Member
Thanks much.

I am gonna get that hooked up. That is an awesome Homestead vid. Would love to run there. It is a shame you do not get the opportunity to really use the banked corners.

krman68

Established Member
Thanks for the info Sirl Appreciate it.

I am assume you taped your runs through the ODB - GoPoint BT1 then Bluetooth to a Go Pro or to an Iphone?

I've been doing some research, of course, I read it and I come up with a slew of questions. I checked out track addict and that seems to run thru the iphone which is used for the GPS ability. I was hoping to run directly to the Go Pro but if I need to tape through the Iphone I will.

Users who are viewing this thread