HP Twin Turbo Kit 2V with 57mm turbos for sale!

BlackStripes

Established Member
I got this kit about 4 years ago with the twin 46mm, and i upgraded it to the 57mm about 2 years after i got it. That means around 8K-9K miles since the upgrade, yeah, i dont drive the car too often.

I use my car for open track and i've decided to change my k-member and get smaller turbos, so it makes more sense to actually sell my current kit and get something made that fits the k-member i want.

As for the kit. From HP site, a standard kit comes with (granted they just changed a couple of things recently) :

COMPONENTS INCLUDED WITH SYSTEM:

2 - 50mm T3/T4 Garrett turbochargers with Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated turbine housings

(Stage I; larger turbo upgrades available).
2 - 38mm Tial wastegates.
1 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated "long-tube" driver-side header with turbo mounting flange.
1 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated "long-tube" passenger-side header with turbo mounting flange.
2 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated 3" downpipes.
2 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic coated turbocharger to intercooler tubes.
1 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated mass air to intercooler tube.
1 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated throttle body to mass air meter tube
1 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated 3" X-pipe with bracket and ball-and-socket OEM-style connection.
1 - C&L Mass air meter calibrated for injectors (size may vary depending on year model).
8 - 42# fuel injectors.
1 - Fuel pump upgrade
96-98 systems - 255 lph in-tank pump
99-04 systems - Focus SVT pump upgrade
03-04 Cobra system - Boosta-pump upgrade optional
1 - Tubular K-member.
1 - Tubular control arms.
1 - Coil-over conversion system.
1 - Set caster/camber plates.
1 - Computer Upgrade Chip.
1 - 25" x 14" x 3½", 3-row Aluminum custom intercooler assembly.
1 - Intercooler bracket.
2 - Billet aluminum turbocharger oil outlet fittings.
2 - Turbocharger oil inlet fittings.
2 - Turbocharger intake air filters and clamps.
2 - Turbocharger oil outlet hoses.
4 - Turbocharger oil outlet hose fittings.
2 - Turbocharger oil inlet hose assemblies.
2 - Turbocharger compressor housing clamps.
2 - Turbocharger oil inlet fittings - turbocharger side.
2 - Pressure port tees.
2 - Oil tee extensions.
2 - Blow off valves.
2 - 1” Blowoff valve hoses.
4 - 1” Blow off valve hose clamps.
1 - Lot 3-ply Silicone Hose Couplings.
1 - Lot Stainless Steel V-Band Clamps
1 - Lot Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps
1 - Lot Misc. Nuts, bolts, washers
1 - Lot Exhaust Clamps
1 - Detailed turbocharger system installation manual. <== hehe

The cost is $6395.00. The Stage II (57mm turbo upgrade) is another $500. So a new kit cost around $6900.00

A couple of things you would need to get, since i am keeping them:
- Mass air meter.( $-100.00)
- Injectors ($ -220.00)
- Fuel Pump upgrade ($ -75.00)
- Chip ($ -120.00)
- X pipe.($ -150.00)

You also might need new springs for the coilovers, since I have VERY stiff front springs.You can have them, but probably not my choice for a street car. They are 375# springs.

I am thinking that all the items that are needed to get what the kit is are about $1000.00 total. If you didn't need those items anyway, HP would deduct the numbers next to each one for a total of $665 (+80 for the springs). The chances are that if you are thinking in getting a TT kit, most likely you have some of these or you want a better fuel system than the offered anyway .

You might also want to re coat the whole the tubing, the headers are fine, but the tubing can use some coating, granted, they under the car and you will never see them. I checked around and prices vary drastically from the do-it-yourself to the very expensive Jethot. That goes from around $300-$800.

The QA k-member has an extra bracing to give more strenght (you can actually unbolt it) and the arms have new bushings. Since i got the upgrade my car NEVER smoked, ZERO, nada!

If you know about HP Kits, you know that it takes a LONG time to actually get a complete kit.

My car, with ported heads (nothing extraordinary), turbo cams and a BAD cylinder 8, puts down:

509rwhp @ 10PSI and 583rwhp @ 14 PSI.

My price is $4400.00 + shipping.

The kit is in my car right now. And i will need to do the change by Nov. maybe late November. But, i spoke with Tim @ ModularPowerhouse in GA, and if i have a buyer i will take my car anytime and get the kit off the car, he said he can do it in a day or two. It's me who might need up to two weeks notice not more than that. My advice would be, talk to Tim and do the installation and tunning at MPH. I am not 100% sure how to do this, because i would REALLY HATE going to GA (I live in Northern Virginia) and someone backing off the deal, maybe a deposit @ MPH.. not sure yet.

If you have any question, just PM me.

thanks.

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
There's a pretty good Mustang shop in the VA area isn't it? My brother got some work done on his 04 up there. I'm not sure of the name, but I have the guy's nums ber. I think it's near the Newport News area....

Good luck on the sale though.

BlackStripes

Established Member
Yeah, there are one of two good shops around here and i am good friends with one; but probably Tim is the only one i can trust that will build with a custom turbo get perfect tune and be done with the car in just 2 or 3 weeks.

I have taken my car to MPH when no one wanted to touch my car because turbos were pretty new in modular engines and he did a perfect tune. Trust is more important than money or a 10hrs drive for me.

thanks for the advice though.

Users who are viewing this thread