hp&tq gain after longtubes

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
sorry no numbers but buttometer is going off, I will say that I gear down alot less,I can actualy feel torque which is very welcomed with my 4.6 and it breaths alot better in the upper rpm, running bassanni mids, I feel it was worth it for me...

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
americanthunder said:
sorry no numbers but buttometer is going off, I will say that I gear down alot less,I can actualy feel torque which is very welcomed with my 4.6 and it breaths alot better in the upper rpm, running bassanni mids, I feel it was worth it for me...

Did you install it yourself, if so did you drop the k-member? I want headers but I'm still not sure they are worth the pain in the ass to install them and I can't see spending money on something I can do myself.

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
yes i dropped the k-member and lowered the motor which gave me a straight shot at every manifold stud,ensuring the ability to tighten every one fully,no fancy wrenches or scraped knuckles, I kept the studs because they don't back off and also the nut has more surface area than the head of the bolts supplied with my headers, I also siliconed the new gaskets onto the headers to hold them into place and also used the old factory gaskets in combination, after the instal I ran the motor and relowered it to retighten the nuts which I got another half turn out of them, and 0 leaks. Wether headers are worth it is up to you but keep in mind they can help unlock some hp now and more in future mods, when I saw the factory manifolds I knew they were comming off they were nasty, overal ,I would do it again!

Users who are viewing this thread