HP on stock 2001 cobra?

Brantner

Established Member
as the title states, my friend is looking for a 2001 cobra cause he isnt ready for the 03-04 yet he said. He wants to know what the HP is on them stock, and what mods he should get to get it up in HP without having to add a SC in it just yet (has that planned a few months down so he can save for it)

the way he figures it he has the money for a 01 cobra and maybe 1500 left over. what should he do?

Thnx. -Ryan- & -Adam-

kaos

Established Member
It's 320 at the flywheel and somewhere around 265-275 at the wheels.

As for mods I would start with subframe connectors, short throw shifter, and exhaust. That's a good starting point and he can expand from there as he sees fit. If there's money get a midpipe too. You might as well sound good as you save up for mods.

Later he can add headers, pullies, cai, maf, and a tune. I'm sure there is more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Oh yeah, the big one get gears. I almost forgot about that one.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
oh and short throw would be my very first mod, then traction (tires, etc) then cold air and mid pipe, then pullies, CB, MAF+tune... etc... enjoy.

Brantner

Established Member
thanx for all the help guys, I will forward this info to him right away, anybody else?

how much do pullies cost? and can you use them without getting a tune? and where can you get them tuned in oklahoma?

***sorry if these questions are retarded I am also new to the mustang world myself***

Users who are viewing this thread