HP limits for 13-14 injectors and BAP

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
U'll be at nearly 95% duty cycle at 680-700 whp with them 52's. U need to sell them and go with some ID 1050x or 1300x.

I would get the 1300X that way u have room to grow. U really don't wanna be at the limits when it comes to fuel. Its a dangerous and expensive game to play. Ask me how I know....:rolleyes:

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Part of me wanted the BAP and I even had the VMP Plug & Plays in the trunk when I did a Tune Eval. The shop said not necessary which agreed with Lund's review of my data logs. Not sure which source but the 82% duty cycle seems to linger in my head. I still may consider adding the BAP's or further discussing fuel in April when I do the OPG & timing sprocket. It's good insurance.

HKusp

Established Member
I am mid tuning process with a similar set-up (VMP Gen2r, 52's and KB BAP). I am making data runs 2k-5k WOT in 3rd gear. I have made some with the BAP and some without. There is a distinct difference with the BAP in play. The car pulls much harder. Every car is different, every set-up is different, but there are some basic generalities that can be made. If you have the BAP, why wouldn't you want to use it?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Here's mine on a Dynometer. I was Lund Tuned at mid 10's - low 11's. I requested their Race tune with the goal of a bit leaner in mid 11's - low 12.

If that graph is correct its above 12 5k-7k, why would you want it leaner up top?

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
@me32....The AFR on my tune was adjusted leaner by Lund after Jon Jr. reviewed an old dyno sheet from a Mustang Shop that custom tuned my car on a Dynonometer years earlier. At the time, I asked Lund about his fatter AFR which was low-mid 10's to low11's. Jon Jr. adjusted the AFR Lamda(?) more in accordance with their Lund 93 Octane Race Tune. I went back to the Dynonometer Mustang Shop to measure HP mod gains from installing a KB Mono TB but also for a Tune Safety Evaluation. I also went to an Open House Dyno Day & did a pull at another Mustang Race Shop. Here's two OLD dyno sheets from both shops. One is Dynometer...other is Mustang Dyno. Both said the #'s were safe. Hope so anyway because one dates back to 2014! Think I need a BAP?

Attachments

• MM Headers Dyno Column 12-14.jpg
    MM Headers Dyno Column 12-14.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Z RS KB Mono v 67 Sept 5 Graph.jpg
    Z RS KB Mono v 67 Sept 5 Graph.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 81

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
@me32....The AFR on my tune was adjusted leaner by Lund after Jon Jr. reviewed an old dyno sheet from a Mustang Shop that custom tuned my car on a Dynonometer years earlier. At the time, I asked Lund about his fatter AFR which was low-mid 10's to low11's. Jon Jr. adjusted the AFR Lamda(?) more in accordance with their Lund 93 Octane Race Tune. I went back to the Dynonometer Mustang Shop to measure HP mod gains from installing a KB Mono TB but also for a Tune Safety Evaluation. I also went to an Open House Dyno Day & did a pull at another Mustang Race Shop. Here's two OLD dyno sheets from both shops. One is Dynometer...other is Mustang Dyno. Both said the #'s were safe. Hope so anyway because one dates back to 2014! Think I need a BAP?

Do you happen to have the ability to data log on the track or some back roads where you can make a pull through 3rd or 4th gear? Low to mid 11s always seem to be the safe zone when you really start making power as it gives some room for safety. When running AFR12s imo it starts to loose that small safety net. For everyday driving it wont be an issue but starting getting some bad or old gas and your already on the leaner side thats when things could go bad.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I did not track data log but I did data log a bunch of 3rd-4th gear pulls on the street to redline. I also did a couple of 2nd/3rd/4th gear data logs for Lund + two 4,000rpm to redline pulls in 3rd to 4th. Once on summer gas I add 1/2 bottle of VP-O with each refill which brings me up to a few octane points. We're also talking about high 11's to 12.1 AFR not really running deep in the 12's. Not trying to be a butt head here but two very established Mustang Race shops agreed with Lund that my AFR was safe. All my older custom tunes are in this AFR range thru 2 GT500's. I had Lund tune the car only because he was the man when it came to the KB Mono upgrade. I'll check with one of the the shops again when I do the OPG in April . Thanks Bud.

Users who are viewing this thread