HP limit of stock 2 valve heads

jaxbusa

Established Member
Does anyone know the hp limit of non ported stock heads? I am in a friendly hp competition with a friend who has a '03 Cobra with a ported blower. I am waiting for him to run it on a dyno to see where it's at. Reading similar combos to his tells me he has around 500 to the wheels. My goal is to beat his hp number. So, I have a 2001 Bullitt with the stock 2 valve, and I have a Vortech T trim waiting to be put on it. If I had the money, I would put a forged motor with better heads in it. I don't. I am just weighing my options for grins and giggles. If I just put the supercharger on, I would be limited to 400 to 450 due to the pistons and rods. But if I spend limited funds on better Pistons and rods and crank up the boost, would it just be stupid to put stock heads back on due to heat and timing issues? So back to the question: with my T trim, what is the hp limit of the stock heads? I know we could what if this to death about timing, heat and other issues, but just give me an acceptable guess. Thanks.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'll have to do some digging on what the max hp limit of stock heads/cams on the 2v is, but as you get above 500-ish (I don't remember the exact numbers) you are going to run into limitations with the stock fuel system. Just another thing to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread