HP itch

Mustang289

Established Member
Have an 04 Terminator - pretty much bone stock except CAI and MagnaFlow cat-back. I was thinking my next move to pulley the Eaton for about 450 RWHP. talked to a local Cobra owner he just upgraded to a KB 2.6 I believe making 600 RWHP. he's got a BAP and put in 80 lb injectors. He also has a SRA - no IRS.

To get to 600 RWHP with KB - do I just need to change my injectors, add a BAP and the KB 2.6? Is this too much HP for my IRS? My car is a weekend cruiser and will only see the 1/4 mile track once and a while.

Thoughts/comments much appreciated

X3FBrian

Established Member
Injectors. 40 amp boost a pump with wire upgrade and a mafia.

Also screw KB go with a TVS 2.3L. That's my plans anyways.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I have stock IRS with rear cover&bushing kit!may want to think about a return fuel system but a boost a pump will work at the 600 hp level

Comp281

Established Member
I would suggest putting a smaller pulley on the eaton and driving it for a while with that. Intake, exhaust, throttle body, and pulley get you close to 100+ rwhp so take that step first, and then a couple years down the road upgrade again. It's a big enough change that the car will feel very different. And it's a whole lot less expensive.

Jensanity

Established Member
Go with a smaller pulley up top, add a lower, port you blower/tb/plenum, BAP, MAFIA, longtubes and you MAY need bigger injectors, but might not. Can get yourself into the low 500s here in both rwhp and torque. This is a decent amount of power for a street Car with the occasional track pass. A couple guys have hit 10's with a posi race port.

Last edited:

svtcobratenthan

Established Member
If u want that much horse on a stock irs u might want to check into full tilt boogie kits and sub frame connectors.Im running stage 3 cams and a 2.9 whipple and 3.73 gears and can hardly keep it on the roar with drag radials.

Users who are viewing this thread