HP gains from 2.80 pulley on Stock 03' Cobra

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
I know that this question has prob been asked a 100 times, but I looked through the forums and searched for it, but came up short. What are the HP gains on a Stock 03' Cobra by changing the stock pulley to a 2.80 on the supercharger?

03SonicCobra

Got NX?
Established Member
You will have 15 psi of boost with a 2.8. So this will be an 6.5 psi improvement and 1 more psi is suppose to give you 10 hp approx. You might need a good tune to work safe with the pulley. Hope this will help you.

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
I JUST DID MINE. IT DEPENDS ON WHAT ALL YOU DO IN ADDITION TO THE PULLEY....HEADERS...C.A.I.....TUNE....X PIPE....EXHAUST....ETC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. PUT IT LIKE THIS...YOU WILL BE PULLING AWAY FROM VIPERS!

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
I stil have a stock exhaust and got a tremendous amount of HR and torque...450 rwhp 490 torque with a 2.8 and a steeda cai and accufab throttle body and predator...that's it...

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Originally posted by Roushman
20rwhp with tune.

A tune alone (no pulley change) will get you close to 20 if not more just by leaning the A/F a bit. These things are pig rich from the factory!

I say closer to 45-50 with no intake or exhaust change, and closer to 90-110 (total) with the right filter set-up, exhaust, and a good tune.

A pulley this small though definetly has to have a tune!

Onivlas

Established Member
I'd like to ask, just what kind of improvement are you in 1/4 time with a pully and tune? 100 horses isn't anything to mess around with, but what're you seeing? 11.5 or so?

Users who are viewing this thread