HP and TQ right for my mods?

SBSnake

Established Member
ok guys, just had the car dyno'd after my last mods. I have 2.8 upper and 4# lower with Billetflow 4 pc idler kit, and for exhaust im running BBK longtubes and o/r H with Borla Stingers. Also have steeda RAI on there, stock injectors and pumps and everything. It put down 501/560 which is a good bit more than i was expecting, do those numbers sound about right or a little high for the mods? thanks

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Im gonna guess you got it tuned at pro-dyno correct??Thats where i got mine done at and its alitte high readings i believe mine made 489hp and 501trq but yours is just outragious torque??

SBSnake

Established Member
yes i did get it tuned at Pro-Dyno and even Dan and Rob were surprised at the numbers. And yes the blower is still stock as well. This was while running out of injectors and i needed new plugs because mine blew the gap out on back to back pulls. So maybe its possible to see 520/580ish maybe with a set of 60#ers and new plugs?!? id be freakin amazed to say the least :banana:

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Ding Ding Ding what do i win???Like i said man i believe there dyno reads alitte high but still i trust them when they are tuning my car!!

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Nice numbers on an awesome looking car man!Any sound clips with your set up? I bet those long tubes/Stingers set up sounds wicked!:rockon:

SBSnake

Established Member
thanks for the kudos Knoxville, lemme see what i can find on here...dont think i have any just sound clips but i think i have a vid here somewhere. Its a crappy clip but all i gotfor the time being but here ya go:beer:

CJ's 03 Cobra- Video

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Sounds like they used the happy customer button on you guys. I have a 2.8/4lb and made 450/500 on a mustang dyno.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
yea man like i said theres allways reads alitte high but hell who cares we know its just numbers..Looks good printed out at car shows though....The real numbers are at the track thats where im headed when it opens backup!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Dan at Pro Dyno has a very good reputation as an 03/04' tuner. However, his dyno does have a rep for some aggressive numbers. I hit 477/526 with a 2.90/4lb unported combo.

But regardless of the numbers, SBSnake, you have a well tuned Cobra that is ready for battle! Congrats.

Jroc

Established Member
Agreed Dan and Rob are very good at SCT tuning a Modular Ford as thats what they specialize in, but their dyno is a little on the friendly side.

Here my dyno sheet with a 2.93, Prochamber, Magnaflow CB, and FIPK.
my tune.jpg

They acted surprised at mine also. Still I know someone running a 2.8 with similar mods that made around 30 HP less than mine on their dyno.

BTW they use Standard #'s,(STD) but they will convert them to SAE #'s if you ask. I made 483 whp SAE.

Last edited:

SBSnake

Established Member
ya from the other combos ive seen hp and tq numbers from these were through the roof! im not really one for throwin numbers in peoples faces i just thought they were way high and wanted some opinions. thanks for the input and compliments guys

Users who are viewing this thread