How would you handle this?

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
A month ago I won an ebay auction for a car audio amplifier. I question the seller on numerous items to be sure it was what I was looking for. The seller assured me. I paid the auction and they took about 2 weeks to ship. No big deal. The amp gets to me and its not at all what was in the description. So I shoot them an email describing the situation as well as request a refund. I even offered to pay for shipping back or at least go halves. The only response I got back was "Sorry no refunds". I sent another message to them explaining how they defaced the amplifier in hopes that I didn't know what it was and respectfully requested another refund. No response from that. nIn all of our messages I was cool headed. I never made threats or or lost my temper at any time. You never know what the person may do. I went through paypal and filed a dispute. I then immediatle upped it to a claim since I had already tried to resolve the issue and they were non-compliant. Well, the seller had till the 25th to answer the email from paypal, and they defaulted. I won the claim and was refunded in full. Now I have this amp which is taking up space at my house and don't need. Here comes the question. I'm going to email this person about the amp. I'm going to ask them to pay for shipping to get it back. However I don't want to hold on to this ething forever. Am I able to give them a reasonable time to respond to my request before doing something else with the amp without fear of recourse? Say I resell it after 2 weeks if I don't hear anything? What am I able to do? What would you do?

Thanks

16kOrBust

Established Member
Chances are since they tried to scam you, they are going to count that as a loss and try not to deal with you at all so they don't get caught again or in much trouble. I would just hold onto it for a month or two and if they don't get back to you, get rid of it if you don't want it. Send an email or two every week or two to cover your ass just in case, but you probably won't be hearing back from them. Similar thing happened to me with a microphone (a fake) and I was left in the same situation. Guy never got back to me. I eventually just got rid of it.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
If you got your money back, why bother with them at all? They screwed you; you tried on your end, the amp is yours to do with as you please.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
what kind of amp is it? Id turn around and sell it. Also what is the ebayers name? That way noone on here will get screwed by them

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
kev_trucks is his ebay name. He advertised a Kicker ZR 1000 watt amp. (Kicker ZR1000)
I received a Kicker ZR240. He scratched off the model number on the side of the amp thinking I wouldn't know what it was. Before I even opened the box I already knew. The amp sizes differ greatly.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
kev_trucks is his ebay name. He advertised a Kicker ZR 1000 watt amp. (Kicker ZR1000)
I received a Kicker ZR240. He scratched off the model number on the side of the amp thinking I wouldn't know what it was. Before I even opened the box I already knew. The amp sizes differ greatly.

Wow. What a douche. I'd say that they won't be trying to get that amp back. It's like knocking at the door of the house you just stole from, because you wanted your flashlight back.

They could have tried to get the amp back during the dispute proceedings, but they ignored all of that, so screw 'em.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Wow. What a douche. I'd say that they won't be trying to get that amp back. It's like knocking at the door of the house you just stole from, because you wanted your flashlight back.

They could have tried to get the amp back during the dispute proceedings, but they ignored all of that, so screw 'em.

Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread