How would this race go down? 13 5.0 vs. 04 996 Porshe TT S

GoneN60

Established Member
I have a race going down in a week and just trying to get an idea what my odds are. His car is an 04 996 turbo porshe with th XP package cabriolet. My buddy ran him when he was N/A with boltons making 421 rhp. He was able to hold him off until 5th gear and the porshe would start to walk him. I wouldn't dare run him from a dig being he is AWD. We both agreed to a 60 roll which I am in 3rd gear and sweet spot at 4500 rpms. As far as I know the only mods he has is a tune and lightweight wheels. With the mods in my sig and granted I bang my gears right what are my chances? I put my DRs back on today so no traction issues. Will definitely post the results along with footage when this goes down.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I see you're running a TVS with lots of bolt on goodies. My guess is he'll be watching your tail lights getting smaller and smaller.

GoneN60

Established Member
I see you're running a TVS with lots of bolt on goodies. My guess is he'll be watching your tail lights getting smaller and smaller.

Lol!! I sure hope so.. He's been talking lots of smack. My only fear is doing it without banging the gears too hard. I just got my car back from the dealer for warranty repair on my tranny (pre-tvs) of course.. Thanks for the replies.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Why the hell would you not run from a dig? You have the advantage big time. You should win from a roll easily. Are you really scared to lose, is that why you don't want to run from a dig?

GoneN60

Established Member
Why the hell would you not run from a dig? You have the advantage big time. You should win from a roll easily. Are you really scared to lose, is that why you don't want to run from a dig?

I have seen this car get out from a dig against a 490 rwhp camaro and it was nothing nice. Hes able to launch his awd from 3800 rpm without spinning. I would rather end the race and not have to play catch up.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

+1 Be a man and run him from a dig. You're even on a drag radial! He's giving you your race, give him his race too.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I don't understand what you are worried about with a TVS Coyote. You must be near or above 600rwhp. The only reason I think you could lose is because there is no chance you have a Boss intake on due to the blower. :read:

GoneN60

Established Member
Funny replies lmao!! Ok well I guess that makes sense. We will just run the original race agreed on first. Then I will do a dig run just to see. Will definitely post some footage. Thanks!

FoxTrots2Fast

Established Member
Honestly, it seems like if you're already getting the 60 roll then why not do the dig too? More chances to learn how to properly launch your car and learn her sweet spot against a worthy contender. It's not every day you come across a 996 that will plan a run!! As a matter of fact, you should be practicing your launches right now!

Whippled3v

Established Member
At least bump it down to a 40 roll lol. Should definitely give him a dig run after you walk him on the roll. Do some practice launches with the DR's and beat him at his own game :rockon:

kaz109

Established Member
Can't believe you are this scared to run a tune only car that only has 415hp from the factory. lol....you are a sad example of a 5.bro owners

HandBanana

Established Member
60 roll???? Is this Supra forums????

I LOVE 996 Turbos, and 997s, and so on and so forth but a 996 has nothing for your 600+whp 5.0. You will annihilate him. Unless he has gotten some work done he is not telling you about. Namely bigger turbos. Then you're toast. Their top end knows no bounds.

For reference, I walked 4-5 cars on a 996 turbo with bolt-ons and a tune in a clapped-out 400whp SRT-4. You'll be fine sir. Best of luck.

Last edited:

GoneN60

Established Member
Well the 996 owner suggested the 60 roll. He is very very very cocky and confident in his car. He also wants to give me a car and the hit. I guess what I fail to mention is when he ran my buddy with bolt ons only he gave him the hit and beat him by a car at 120 and pulling. He feels I wont push my car because he's never seen me. He is confident that the race will turn out the same but he doesnt know I have a blower now. I just want to crush his ego and pride thats all. Sorry if this was a wasted thread just wanted some idea as how this would go down. I will challenge him to a few dig races after we run his race. I just want to shut this guy up because he's full of sh@t..

HandBanana

Established Member
Well the 996 owner suggested the 60 roll. He is very very very cocky and confident in his car. He also wants to give me a car and the hit. I guess what I fail to mention is when he ran my buddy with bolt ons only he gave him the hit and beat him by a car at 120 and pulling. He feels I wont push my car because he's never seen me. He is confident that the race will turn out the same but he doesnt know I have a blower now. I just want to crush his ego and pride thats all. Sorry if this was a wasted thread just wanted some idea as how this would go down. I will challenge him to a few dig races after we run his race. I just want to shut this guy up because he's full of sh@t..

This guy sounds like a completely ignorant **** wrangler. DESTROY him, light up those DRs, bang those gears and make him cry. He is in desperate need of a schooling and you are about to give him one hell of an education. GL

ALSO, LMFAO at the bold statement. I feel the same way when I roll up on a stock C6.

Dark_Stallion

Established Member
Just to give a little history on the 996. I am the one who he ran when I was n/a. He has the X50 package which brought his car to 450 hp from the factory and then has a tune, lighter exhaust and wheels but that's it as far as I know for his mods.The 996 owner feels like his car is the fastest thing around. Once I got my paxton put on I asked for another race but he has yet to re run me and claimed he was retired from racing and that's been a year. He picks and chooses who he will run based on if he thinks he can win. I know OP and I am confident he will destroy him. I even volunteered to be the chase car to get it all on Go Pro! Lol!

HandBanana

Established Member
Just to give a little history on the 996. I am the one who he ran when I was n/a. He has the X50 package which brought his car to 450 hp from the factory and then has a tune, lighter exhaust and wheels but that's it as far as I know for his mods.The 996 owner feels like his car is the fastest thing around. Once I got my paxton put on I asked for another race but he has yet to re run me and claimed he was retired from racing and that's been a year. He picks and chooses who he will run based on if he thinks he can win. I know OP and I am confident he will destroy him. I even volunteered to be the chase car to get it all on Go Pro! Lol!

Sounds like par for the course as far as the Porsche guy goes. Most dudes who think they have an exotic car would rather die than potentially lose a race in their UNBEATABLE "race car". With all this talk of video though, you guys better produce. In the words of Tyrese, "we hoooooooongry" :rolling:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

Isn't the OP essentially doing the same thing now? How does he not know the OP has a blower? Are you guys lying to him just to see him lose? If he wont run you with a blower I'm sure he wouldn't run the OP either if he knew he had a blower as well.

Users who are viewing this thread