how will your car act if one of your fuel pumps go out

mws221987

Established Member
cars not runnin right when i get on it , fuel pressure drops also could it be my frps causing this. ps when i get on it, it bogs out sounds nasty ......

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
cars not runnin right when i get on it , fuel pressure drops also could it be my frps causing this. ps when i get on it, it bogs out sounds nasty ......

I'm curious about this too.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
all i see today is caution signs on the left...how many threads you got going?

stay in 1 of them..than update as you go..it helps both of us to follow the things you have done to fix/find problem,,without jumping from post to post

i suggest you open manual and read...it shows sensors,how sensor works,and every other question you have asked...after a good reading you will understand the info giving back from members...

i too have questioned the 1 fuel pump going out symptoms...to me 1 pump should be enough to run engine under normall conditions,,so i would say problems at higher rpms/heavier load would be area thats effected,,so a good half pedal shot car should run fine..

there is an 03 manual download located in stickys,,,iirc cobrabob has dvd offer,,,
here is a link into 05..the PCED section is the same..it tells everything for stock form...
powertrain control emission diagnosis

Ford Service Manuals - 2005

Last edited:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
fuel pressure spikes like that can be caused from a bad COP, or spark plug blow out since the car is trying to overcompensate for the extra fuel, drops fuel pressure... ive dealt with this... also causes a bog and sounds nasty... look into it

Users who are viewing this thread